Chapter 6

“I'd appreciate it if you controlled your girlfriend,” a feminine voice said firmly.

 I froze before letting out an incredulous laugh, then slammed my locker shut and turned to see a red faced Candace glaring at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

 I eyed her, “And you came into the guys locker room to tell me this?”

 In response, she just tilted her head and gave me a look. Sighing heavily, I crossed my arms as well then leaned against the lockers, “And who is this girlfriend of mine?” I tilted my head.

 It was almost the end of the day. My last class was gym and I was looking to hit the showers since I was sweating like a pig, but Candace seems to have another thing in mind. I had no idea what she was going on about now, but I wasn't in a hurry since I didn't really have anywhere to go until the next hour or two, so I figured I'd humor her.

 She got ready to say something but stopped, her body tensing and her arm tightening across her chest. I was confused for a second before a guy walked by me and I turned a little to see that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist and was eyeing Candace like she was fresh meat. Which she kinda is. She is in the guys locker room.

 “What are you looking at!” she snapped in a hiss and he smirked, raising his hands in a surrender motion.

 My lips twitched up into a smile and I looked down at the floor, then back up at her.

 Her jaw was clenched tightly as she gritted out, “It's not funny.”

 “This is the boys locker room, Candace,” I reminded her, “What did you expect?”

 She takes in a deep breath and dropped her arms from her chest. She sets one on her hip sassily and flicks her hair over her shoulder with the next.

 “Who the hell does she think she is?” She asked.

 I shrugged, “Who knows.”

 “I'm being serious, Adrian,” she said hardly.

 My eyebrows creased, “Am I supposed to know what you're trying to say or…” I tried off and she narrowed her eyes at me, “Should I wait until you tell me…”

 “So you're just gonna let her have her way?” She snaps.

 I leaned forward a little, “What the hell are you saying?” I asked slowly.

 “She assaulted Toby and you just sat there!” She blew up and then I got it, “All of you just sat there and didn't do anything!”

 “Toby's fine,” I told her with shrug, “I know you don't really care but we can just pretend that you do. How do you even know what happened anyway?” I asked since she's not in our first period.

 “There's this wonderful thing called the internet, you should probably check it sometime,” she said sarcastically.

 I did a dramatic doubletake, “Oh I'm sorry, I just have better things to do with my life.”

 Her jaw clenched and she crossed her arms over her chest again, causing her boobs to bulge over the top of her v-neck that rode down a bit. My eyes immediately went down to the movement, then back up at her face. I knew she noticed, but ignored it.