Chapter 9

I wiped the last of the blood away from my cheek, dropping the paper towel in the sink. My jaw clenched in anger when where my skin was busted started bleeding again.

 My face was bruised badly. There was a bluish bruise along my left jaw and another huge one that looked ten times worse on my right. It was a mixture of blue and purple, with red blotches here and there beneath the skin.

 I growled, reaching for the bottom of my shirt and pulling it over my head aggressively. I dropped it in the sink on top of all the blooded paper towels and let out a huff.

 I glared at myself in the mirror, “You,” I gritted out, “Are stupid.”

 I reached to my left where the dispenser was and aggressively pulled out a couple more sheets of paper towels. I turned the faucet on, not caring that my shirt was in the sink(it's useless anyway), and wet the paper, then wiped at the blood that had formed a trail down my face.

 “Why,” I gritted out angrily, holding back from rubbing my face too hard, “You idiot.”

 The bathroom door pushed open, “Oh woah,” the girl said.

 I dropped the paper towel in the sink on top of my soaked shirt before turning my attention to the girl that was standing with her back to me.

 My eyebrows raised and I tilted my head. Those brown waves look a little familiar.

 “What am I doing?” She thought aloud before turning around. She kept her eyes on my face for about a second, before they snapped down.

 I saw her tense then took in a deep breath and I knew she saw them. Countless amount of scars—covering and overlapping each other—on my stomach. I watched her response for a moment, before she averted her eyes, clearing her throat.

 When she looked back at me, she was still tense but tried not to show it. She looked at me chest then back up at my face.

 “Nice boobs,” she said, eyeing me.

 “Thank you,” I tilted my head at her.

 She breathes loudly, taking a couple of steps towards me, “So I saw a douche going through your things after you left them at the uh…” She trailed off and my attention drew to the purse that she set on one of the sink’s edge, two sinks down, “Crime scene?” she said questioningly, “Can I call it that?” She shrugs, “Whatever. But since I'm not a total bitch,” she lets out a breath, “I might've left a bruise on his face with my heel. Nothing close to what you did to that girl though.”

 I watched her quizzically. I could care less about the damn bag.

 She reaches into it and took out, what I don't doubt was my phone,  and holds it up, “This however,” I noticed that the screen was cracked into a million pieces but was still intact, “Took a blow, but it still works,” she pressed the home button on it and it lit up.

 I eyed it before turning back to the mirror, “Toss it.”

 There was a pause before she dragged out, “Ummm… This is the IPhone X…”

 I looked at her out of the corner of my eye then back to the mirror, “It's no good if I can't see the screen,” I pulled my hair to the back of my neck before letting it go.