Chapter Two: Timing Is Everything

here is the next chapter :3 and this time everyone's here! lmao 

CALUM

Once me and the gang made it to McDonald's in one piece, I couldn't help but think about the fact that we were almost gonna die on the way here.

"Can we all agree to never let Liam drive?!" Luke blurted out.

"Yeah, mate. We almost fucking died!" I casually slipped.

"Sorry guys. The road's slippery." Liam defended.

"Every driver with common sense can drive while raining. But unfortunately, we all know that's what you lack." Zayn stated as a matter of fact - ly.

"LIKE I SAID, I'M SORRY." Liam said, giving up on the argument.

We all huddled out of the van and went inside the almost freezing food chain.

"By the way, is Michael tagging along?" Louis asked out of the blue. Just the mention of his name made my heart beat a little faster than it should.

"I'm afraid he's not. I bumped into him on the hallway and he was really in a hurry. He said something about him deadline for the school paper." Ashton explained. Thank God.

"Oh. Man, he's been busy lately. he's been missing band practices." Dan sighed.

"He's not even part of the band you dumb ass." Luke smacked Dan's head. "He just writes lyrics for us. He can skip as many band practices as he wants."

"Well yeah, but that doesn't mean he can skip hangouts." Troye inquired.

"There's nothing we can do about it, guys." I finally said.

"Michael will be Michael. He just had to be the smart one." Liam said all of a sudden. The guilt in his voice earlier was long gone.

Just as I was about to answer Liam's statement, Harry tugged on my sleeve.

"What am I getting you?" He chirped.

"Oh, the usual."

"Alright." Not really paying attention to me.

Then I remembered his invite for tonight. But I decided it would be best to tell everyone once we were all settled at a table. Once we did found a table, we all sat in a chair and waited for the boys to deliver our foods to our table. Okay, now would be a good time.

"So guys, I almost forgot," In which I totally did not. "Michael said we can all have dinner at his apartment tonight. To make up for all those absences and missed band practices."

"No shit?" Dan almost yelled.

"Yeah! So are you all up for it?"

"YEAH!" They all said in unison.

So I guess Michael isn't really in a lot of trouble after all.