Chapter Three: The Final Hour

filler chap because why not

-

Michael

As I downed the remaining content of my water, I stood up from my chair and made my way out the cafeteria and to the Editor's room. As I walked, I remember promising Calum and the rest that dinner for tonight was my treat. That seemed like an easy task, once I figure out what to feed them. But goddammit Michael, that's not important right now! Right now you have to hurry if you're gonna meet that deadline.

When I got to the Editor's room, I was exhausted, drained out even. I felt like I was sweating every single drop of water I had in my body. But it was all worth it. I made it in time, five minutes early.

"Hey Lucy, here's the write up."

"Good Heavens, Michael! Did you run?" Seeing him concerned always cracked me up. Just saying.

"Yeah. But it was good though. I haven't ran in weeks. I needed that exercise."

"Alright. I'll just text you when it 's up for printing."

"That'd be great! Thanks."

"No prob, Michael. Besides, when I graduate in a couple of weeks, it's gonna be you sitting in this chair."

"Yeah. I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time."

"You'll get used to it. You'll see."

"Thanks again, Lucy."

"You're more than welcome. Now get back to class!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Giving him a salute before closing the door behind me.

Now that's done, I can now worry about what to prepare for tonight. I ain't a cook, so fast food will do. Heck, they'll eat anything as long as you say its food. Maybe I could also join them for their band practice tomorrow? Yeah, maybe get back to all of them for missing out on all group activities the past few weeks? Yeah, you do that, Michael. You need to. I mean, friends, what would we be without them?

So here's the deal, Calum and I are kinda on the "you like me, I like you, but we keep quiet about it" side. Luke and Zayn are officially official, so are Ashton and Harry. Zayn, Louis, and Harry, are on the dance troupe, but have the passion for music. Calum, Luke, Liam, Ashton, and Niall, are in a band. Troye and Dan, are the band's groupies a.k.a. the band's crew. And I, on the other hand, am the band's lyricist. It's funny because we all used to live such different lives before college, but now, we all bond and connect thanks to music.