Chapter Four: Secrets

fluff coming your way lmao 

-

MICHAEL

I hurriedly ran past the University walls and out on the busy streets of New York. I took the bus home even though my apartment was only 3 blocks away. I needed all the time I could save to prepare the food, if I even know what to prepare at all. Maybe fast food was really a good idea after all. But I have to at least make an effort to make it look like I care and that I actually feel bad for missing out the past couple of weeks. But what? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

Alright, this is my last resort.

I fished for my phone in my pocket while plopping down on the couch. Might as well tell him I'm helpless as of the moment. He picked up after three rings.

"Yeah, Michael?" His voice was excited and jumpy.

"Hey, what'cha doing?" I know, that sounds dumb.

"Getting bored in Physics. You?"

"I just got home and I know this sounds really dumb, but what do you think I should prepare for tonight?"

"Really? You're having problems what to prepare? Give us cold pizza and we'll still eat it!"

"I know but I still want to make an effort."

"Just cook something easy. I don't know. I just like food, but I hate cooking."

"I know you do, Calum."

"Riiight." The smirk in voice was so evident." How about Some pasta?"

"Spaghetti?"

"How about some fettuccini and some salad? That would surely please Harry."

"Hahaha. That man and his salad fetish!"

"Yeah and for the guys, how about some fried chicken and mash potato?"

"Why don't I just call up KFC right now and go order?"

"But your homemade mash potatoes are the shit!"I felt my cheeks turn red.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Ye... Yeah." I bet he's smiling like an idiot right now.

"Fine. I'll go to the supermarket right now."

"Want me to come with you?" The hope in his voice was higher than the apartment complex I would assume.

"No. I don't want to be the reason for your failure."

"Awww!! Fine then! Guess I'll just see you tonight then."

"Yeah. See you. Have fun in Physics!"

"Sure. Bye!"

And I hung up.

Calum

Once the line was cut, I shoved my phone back in pocket and aimlessly doodled on my already full paper. I don't know, something about Michael just make me weak to the knees. I know we both like one another, yet we act like it's not there. I know right now isn't really a good time to think about that, since I am in Physics, but what bothers me is what if it fades away? Like all of a sudden, I'll just see him with another guy? No. Stop that Calum! That's not gonna happen! Why does love has to be so hard to decipher? Why can't we just be official like Zayn and Luke? Or like Ashton and Harry? What's keeping us apart? Is it because I'm friend zoned? Really? Or is he just waiting for me to make a move? God, Calum. Get your shit together, man!

"Mr. Hood! Are you with us?"

I finally looked up only to see that the entire class had their gaze on me, with Mrs. Smith looking intently at me. I'm fucked.

"Sorry, I was praying." That seemed believable.

"Why so?"

"My... Uh..."

"Well?"

"OKAY! I'm praying to God asking for courage!"

"For?" Woman, you need to stop asking questions!

"I'm... I'm... I'M ASKING MICHAEL OUT TONIGHT, OKAY?!"

And the entire class erupted in "Awws." Really smooth, Calum. Now the entire class knows you're shooting for Michael.

"Well then, because of your honesty, I'll let you off the hook, only if you promise to listen next time?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Alright, then. What happens in this class stays in this class, am I clear? We don't want Mr. Hood to have a hard time, now do we? Support your classmate in their endeavors, shall we?"

I heard some said, "Yes, ma'am" while the others just laughed. I'm screwed for life. I can feel it. I just hope none of the guys found out, or else, I'm toast as long as this band exists, yet I'm pretty sure this band isn't going away that easily. Great Job, Calum! Way to blow your chance on the boy you love! Atta, boy!

-

here's some malum for ya'll