Surf Shacks

Lying to my Mom is not the kind of thing I would do. And the thing is getting on my nerves right now. The school has just ended and now I'm sitting in the passenger seat of Melissa's black BMW, Irene in the backseat and Melissa in the driver seat. She's Kinda Hot by 5SOS is banging from the stereo. We're not really a big fan of the Australian rock band, but the song reminds us of Diana a lot. She's our other bestie and a really big fan of 5SOS. It's just, hanging out after school with us is not really her style.

This morning I said to Mom I would go to the mall after school with Irene and Melissa, but the truth is, we're heading to the beach. Melissa has been dying to work on her tan.

"Mel, you're half Spanish! You're naturally dark," I say, struggling with the radio, trying to change the music.

"Hey! It can never hurt to get darker before the winter month approach," She says looking at me.

"I'm just jealous, girl. That's all." I say as the reality of having a pale skin hits me.

Irene who was busy with her phone finally talk, "Matter of factly, we're all jealous with your beautiful olive skin tone, sinyorita."

Melissa rolls her eyes, "Awe stop it, guys. The truth is, I just want to parade with my skimpiest bikini and flirt with the surfers, even though I stand no chance."

Irene and I both gasping in shock

"No chance?! For God's sakes, Melissa, you are already have a boyfriend!"

Melissa chuckles, "But still. I mean, they are soooo dreamy. I'm sure Darren wouldn't mind if I flirt with one of the surfers." She says turning back at the front and throwing the car in reverse. "And I wouldn't really mind if Darren flirts with one of the cheerleader in the field."

I facepalm myself, "I wouldn't never cheat if Darren were my boyfriend."

"Agree." Irene says with a sarcastic tone.

As Melissa turning her car to the parking lot, we spot only three car in the area. An old beat up car, a blue Mustang and a black Camaro that has obviously just pulled up because its light has just turned off.

"Race you guys to the cove! Losers pay for ice cream!" Irene yells and runs toward the beach. Melissa who is just gets out from the car and stretches her body trailing from behind, grunting.

"Uggg Irene, that's not fair!"

I let out a loud groan and chase over my best friends.

Irene, of course, hit the sand first and performs a messy victory dance. Melissa is the second arrives, huffing and puffing. As I reach the two of them, I flop my back and grumble, "Alright, fine, I'll pay the ice cream!"

Irene laughing at my suffering, "You know, if you exercise more you might have a chance to win the race!" She says proning her chest on the warm beach dirt.