Chapter One: Tourist Trap and a Dream Demon's Return

The dream demon grinned widely as he stepped foot into the clearing in front of the shack. That's right, he had a grin. He had a mouth. He had ears and a nose as well. He had a head and neck. He had a, well; we'll not get into those details. Bill Cipher the dream demon had successfully created himself a human body to inhabit out of what was left of his physical form which had lain dormant in Gravity Falls's woods in stone, awaiting his spirit to return. He had created himself people clothes too! He had a whole wardrobe stuffed into his large suit case which included: a yellow t-shirt, three pairs of black skinny jeans, a red short-sleeve button-up shirt, a green button-up shirt, a black t-shirt, a pair of yellow and black people shoes, a few pair of regular jeans, and a few plain-colored t's. Not all of his clothes were yellow and black, sadly. That just might have given him away.

The dream demon's grin widened, if that were even humanly possible, as he walked into the tourist trap. A bell sounded in the almost-empty room. It had been four years since Weirdmageddon and the infamous dream demon was back to wreck some havoc! His eyes first fell upon Wendy who was now a freshman in college, still working at the Mystery Shack for cash. She didn't look up from her magazine which she was reading intently. Bill glanced around, his eyes falling upon tourist trap after tourist trap as he walked toward the counter. He leaned against it, trying to get Wendy's attention.

"Hey, can I talk to the owner of this tourist trap?" He asked. His voice cracked half-way through. Having a teenage body might not have been the best idea Bill's ever had. He brushed his shaggy blond hair out of his face.

"Woah, nice eye-patch, dude. What happened to your eye?" Wendy asked, leaning forward. Her eyes were filled with curiosity. Bill let his grin return to his face.

"Oh, this?" He asked. "Just a little battle scar." He said with a laugh and Wendy laughed along.

"You're funny, dude. So, you wanted to talk to Stan, huh?" She asked. Bill nodded. "Hey! Stan! A customer wants to talk to you!" She shouted toward the living area of the shack. Stan came out, dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweater that Mabel had probably made.

"Eh? What do you want, kid?" Stan asked.

"Well sir," Bill started, fighting the urge to call him Stanford, "You see, I have found myself in quite the, er, predicament. I need a place to stay."

"Huh? I don't board people. Find somewhere else." Stan replied, turning to walk away.

"Wait! I can work for rent. How's that sound?" Bill exclaimed, trying to sound like a desperate teenage boy.

"Work for rent, eh?" Stan laughed a little. "I like the sound of that!"

"So, it's a deal?" Bill asked innocently, holding out a hand. Stan nodded.

"You've got yourself a deal, kid!" He shouted in agreement and shook Bill's hand. It wasn't a dramatic handshake with blue flames and maniacal laughter though, just a regular handshake. Bill needn't spoil the fact that he was alive so soon. "You can board with my nephew. Hey! Kids!" Stan shouted. Two teenage twins, Dipper and Mabel Pines, came running down the stairs and into the shop area.

"Yes Grunkle Stan?" The two asked in unison.

"Dipper, you've got a new roommate. He needs a place to stay and your good old Grunkle here decided to give him that place!"

Mabel bounced around in excitement.

"Really? Really? Really?" She asked as she ran up to Bill, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! What's your name!?" She asked, excitedly.

"The name's Spence. What's yours?" Bill asked, his already wide grin growing ever-wider.

"My name's Mabel! And this is my twin brother, Dipper!"