Trouble in the Home

Bill's POV:

I woke up and yawned. My eyes were heavy and I was still exhausted, but I had work to do in the shack so I couldn't sleep in forever. I ran downstairs to find something to eat for breakfast. Dipper was down there and his face looked a little pale.

"Hey, what's up with your ghostly white face, Dipper?" I asked, poking his shoulder.

"You know those cookies I laced with truth sap?" He asked.

"Yeah, how  could I forget them-" I started.

"Well I forgot to throw them out and Mabel and Stan ate them......." Dipper replied.

"So what? They'll just be stuck telling the truth for a few hours." I said, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"You don't get it. The shop is built upon lies. If Stan's telling the truth all day then he'll lose all his customers!" He exclaimed.

"Hehe, serves him right. Lying doesn't get you anywhere." I laughed.

"Need I remind you who else has been lying around here?" He asked angrily.

"Oh, and I'm sure you haven't lied a day in your life!"

"Hey! At least I don't lie as much as you do! You're just a stupid tr-"  Dipper stopped himself as Stan walked into the kitchen.

"Ooh! Are you two having a fight! Wait a sec! I've got to get my camera!" Stan went running into another room.

That thing in my chest was beating harder than normal again and it wasn't out of guilt either. Me and Dipper stared at each other for a moment. You could practically feel the tension in the room.

"Look, I'm sure he'll be fine if we keep him away from the shack for the day. Just tell him that Mabel wants to spend the day with him." I finally said after a long pause. Stan came running back into the room with a camera.

"Hey Stan! Mabel said she wanted to hang out with you!" Dipper exclaimed and pushed his uncle toward the door.

"Really?" Stan asked.

"Y-yeah! She wanted to make sweaters with you or something! Just ask her about it!" Dipper continued.

"Alright, I better just go along with her shenanigans or I'll never hear the end of it." Stan sighed and I heard his footsteps as he walked away.

"See, it wasn't that hard to lie, was it?" I asked with a smirk.

"Seriously!? That's what you're concerned with right now!?" He exclaimed angrily.

"Hehe, whatever." I stood up and stretched. "You know, you're really uptight. You need to take a break from your family. Whadoyasay you and me go do some mystery-hunting or whatever you do for fun. I could even help you out with some notes in those journals if you want. I know you've been adding to them." He looked a little surprised.

"G-go mystery-hunting?" He asked.

"Yeah, isn't that like all you ever do?" I replied, walking toward the door. "Come on." He followed me and we headed into the woods. He had his nose in that dumb journal. I sighed and asked which way we should head and what we were looking for.

"I wanted to collect some more of the truth sap, actually." He replied. "Ford doesn't have anything on it in any of his journals so I was hoping to add it in. I used the last of it in those cookies."

"Oh." I frowned.

"Do you remember where we found it?"

"Yeah. I'll lead the way." I started heading toward the area.

We eventually found the log that was covered in the truth sap. Dipper pulled out a bunch of vials from his backpack and started collecting samples. I looked around and heard a branch snapping in half. Dipper didn't seem to notice. I glanced over to where I had heard the sound to see Gideon holding something in his right hand.

(A/N: Heyo! Your Evil Demonic Overlord Daisuke Yoshida is back! Sorry I haven't updated in forever! I've been super busy with school and work. :/ Plus I was struggling with a little writer's block. But here I am with an ending in sight! I do have another fanfic in the works which I'll post soon. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Until next time..........................)