Moving

"This will be a good thing Melody." My mothers voice is low and full of regret. I just close my eyes and sigh. 

"No mom, this is not." I say just below a whisper. My mom looks at me from the rear view mirror with them pity filled eyes. And quite honestly I don't want pity from her. She took the audacity to move me away from my friends, my home, my school, right after my fathers funeral. 

"I am trying okay? It's hard for me to. You're father would want you to be happy." She moves her eyes back to the road.  I nod my head and put my earbuds in, cranking the volume up.

-

"Honey wake up were here." Startled by my mothers voice I jolt awake. I see her smiling at me. I look around, we are in the middle of no ware, trees everywhere. I sit up a little to get a better view of things.  And there in front of me lays a small looking house, almost looks like a cabin or a cottage. "Looks great doesn't it?" She booms with joy. 

I look at her. "This is it?" Her smile drops. "This is ware I am know living?" I look at her in disbelief. 

"That's not fair." She swallows. "I am trying so damn hard now. With your father gone, I am working my butt off trying to support you and finding a place ware you can forget about pain, of your father not being here. I know It is killing you not to have you're father." Her voice full of hurt. 

"Mom.." I start to say feel at lost for words. "I'm sorry mom, I know it hurt you too." She gives a weak smile and kisses the top of my head and walks to the front door picking up a box and walking inside. I step out of the car and grab one of my boxes. I walk up to the front door letting my eyes search the area. 

I have to admit that the house is beautiful, but there's no neighbors. Meaning it's going to be harder for me to make friends in this place. I step inside. my heart sinks. This house is absolutely beautiful. The polished cherry wood floors, light white oak walls. I walk to the left to be welcomed by the black polished granite counter tops, wooden table and cupboards. 

"Do you like it?" I hear my mother then see her walk into the kitchen and set the box down on the counter. 

"Mom," I smile. "It's so fucking beautiful." My mother snaps her head towards me.

"Language Missy." She says sternly. 

"Sorry." I give her a innocent smile. 

"Go pick out a room, any room you want." She smiles. 

-

I settled for the median sized room, only so my mom could have the big room. I already have my bed set up, witch is a twin sized bed with a white comforter.  I hung up black lace curtain up, and put my glass desk in the corner. I also hung up my clothes in the closet I have. 

By the time I got all that done I was tired for the day. So I just put the rest of my boxes on the floor and I will do them tomorrow. I grab my bathroom supplies and walk to the bathroom. It's quite nice, I get my own. It has a corner bath and a walk in shower, in overall its real nice. I turn on the shower to steaming hot. Right know I could use the nice hot water relaxing my mussels. I strip off my clothes that I was wearing today, witch was a grey v-neck t-shirt with dark blue washed skinny jeans. I step into the shower enjoying the hot water on my shoulder blades. 

-

After my shower I got dressed in my fluffy pajama shorty shorts and black tang top I plopped on my bed and went on my computer to check my email. and just like I thought, zero emails. I shut down my computer and pull out my book, twilight. I wish I could fall in love like them, feeling safe, not caring if he is the vampire. But no. I am stuck in my dumb life reality life. 

I hear a knock at my door. 

"Come in." I yell and continue to read my book. 

"Can we talk?" My mothers voice booms through my room. 

"Sure mom." I sigh and set my book down. I see her sit at the foot of my bed. 

"How do you feel about starting school tomorrow?" She smiles. 

"I ah.." I feel at lost for words. 

"Please dear, I have things to do and I don't want to stress you out, I already have all your school stuff." she finish's. 

"Um, I guess." I take a deep breath and ex-hale. "How big is the school?" 

"Pretty big, but don't worry about it." She weakly smiles. 

"Okay, I guess I should get some sleep know, I mean if I am going to wake up early and all." 

"Yeah, oh and don't worry I already called the school, they got your classes set up, how do you feel about taking french? I know that you said you wanted to." She smiles widely. 

"Yes of course I would love to." I smile back. 

"Great, and in the mourning I got you a gift, I hope you have fun riding it on your way to and from school." She grins. My eyes pop. 

"Oh my freaking gosh!" I screech. "You got me a car!" 

She giggles. "Yes, know its not all that but its just a nice Chevy white car." My smile could not get any bigger but it dose. One hundred times bigger. 

"Oh my gosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I screech. She smiles and leans in for a hug, I move closer and hug her tightly. 

"Yes dear now get some sleep." She kisses my head.

-Please like and comment-