Dan

I couldn’t believe my luck. I was holding, in my arms, the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.  I looked at her as she rested her head on my chest, her beautiful face, she looked so peaceful.

I smiled to myself and looked back over the day as I combed my fingers through Emma’s hair. My eyes started to feel heavy and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I must have been asleep for a few hours. I woke and opened my eyes to find Emma’s beautiful eyes looking back into mine. I had butterflies.

I smiled and she smiled back. Watching her eyes light up as she smiled made my day.

I glanced at the clock, “Fuck!”

“Huh?” Emma replied.

“It’s 3pm!”

“Oh shit!” Emma gasped.

The second day of the London Gathering had begun almost 4 hours ago, we were so late.

Emma sprang out of bed and leapt into the bathroom to get ready as I checked my Twitter so see an ocean of mentions…

“Where are you @danisnotonfire?”

“Why aren’t you here @danisnotonfire?”

“@danisnotonfire did you die bc I don't see you”

“@danisnotonfire did you turn invisible?”

“@danisnotonfire, are you coming today?”

I decided to tweet to let them know I was coming.

“I didn’t get home until late last night. Please let everybody know that Emma and I will be here shortly.”

Seconds later my phone was going wild with people asking if Emma and I were together and within minutes, shipping photos were being fired into my interactions – how do these people even edit so fast?!

I put my phone down and started to get ready. I pulled on some clothes and walked towards the bathroom. I was a few steps away when Emma opened the door.

“You look gorgeous,” I told her and she smiled shyly.

“Thanks,” she replied, a scarlet blanket settling over her cheeks.

“This girl was so amazing,” I thought to myself.

“I have to make her mine.”