Chapter 15: Nebe

May felt herself resting on a comfortable bed. A wet, soft towel on her head cooling her from the unimaginable heat. She felt someone lean in and smile softly.
"Get better, May. We have faith in you." Then it was darkness.

May's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the room lighting. Across her the light reflecting from a torch continued to burn bright. Getting up, surprised, she found herself on a soft bed. She couldn't recognise her surroundings, so she stood up only to feel a sharp pain around her shoulder and remembered her wound. Still, clutching onto her shoulder, she managed to get to the door and she opened it, slightly. On the other side, it seemed to be a living room with her three other companions. She silently joined them in the room.
" These people... They're incredible!" exclaimed Lief, as he looked out the window." To dig a big secret cave, then build a underground village. I mean, it would of taken them years to make all of this."
" Like I said before, I've always known ralads to be hard working and exceptionally clever and I knew that they would never leave Raladin. But I couldn't imagine them to build something like this," remarked Barda.
"Yeah, yeah it all very beautiful and stuff. But get over here and eat!" said Jasmine.
"You're right."
"By this time tomorrow we'll be at the of lake of tears," continued Jasmine. Lief sat down. Barda replied.
" I suggest we stay here and rest for the next two to three days." Lief nodded.
"I'm sure Manus would agree and tell you that you're first priority is to heal that wound." Jasmine huffed.
" Why do you have to be so bossy? I'm only agreeing for May's sake."
May smiled." Thank you, Jasmine. I glad that someone remembers me." The all turned their heads in surprise.
"W-Were you t-there the w-whole time?" stuttered Jasmine. May shrugged, looking around. They just looked at each other for a moment, then nodded.
"Look," said Lief." Where we'll be going, it's going to be a risky for you and-"
"Very dangerous?" May replied. "What if it's dangerous?"
Barda frowned." It's very possible that you will probably get injured and-"
" And?"
" Obviously, it's best for you to stay here," replied Lief.
" I don't think so." They all sighed. Lief looked up at her and smiled half-heartedly." You know, you're more stubborn than I thought you would be..." May rested her head on her hands, ignoring her shoulder throbbing in pain.
" Then may I ask where it could be you guys could be going?" No response.
" I think healing that wound of yours should be your first priority," argued Barda. May rubbed her head, furiously. She looked up and saw Lief touching the belt, unconsciously, in the corner of her eye.
" Alright then, what if my wound healed? You would take me then, right? Let's make a deal." This got their attention.
" A deal?" asked Barda.
" Yes, a deal," repeated May, playing with her hair." For the remaining time we have here, my wound shouldn't be a problem. If not, then you might as well leave without me."

May walked around town, thinking of ways to heal her wound. She knew it sounded impossible, but she had no choice. Up ahead, she could see Lief sparring with Barda. It looked fun and she longed to practice with them. But she had other things to do, she went back to the room she slept in, her belongings on the table beside. There was a small bag that caught her attention. She grabbed it and sat on the bed, going through the many possibilities with her pen and paper.
Filli hopped over to Jasmine, who was sitting on a window ledge, watching the two guys sparring. A crowd of ralads cheering them on. Filli squeaked quickly in Jasmine's ear, and she stood up straight.
" Are you sure?" she asked, the little creature. He squeaked back in response." Might as well, see what she's doing." She hopped off the window ledge and walked over to May's room. She knocked once before calling her name.
" Um... May I come in?" There was no response, then a cry. Alerted, Jasmine dashed inside. Opening the door, she saw May compressing her arm in pain holding it very tightly. Blood oozing out like a flood.
" Are you alright?!" May glanced back, shocked, her hands gripped firmly.
" Jasmine..."
" Here let me help you." Jasmine sat her down and started working on her shoulder.
" ... Did hear you come in." Jasmine paused, and sat next to her.
" Good thing I did." She leaned, facing the ceiling." You know, are you seriously about the deal?"
"Hm? Ah. That... Of course. I'll get myself healed in no time at all."
" I wonder about that..." May, unnoticedly, placed a mysterious item under the bed away from Jasmine's sight, before hugging her from behind.
" ?! What are you doing!" May let go of her and smiled, sweetly. " You seemed a little tense, looked like you needed a hug." Jasmine looked down.
" A hug, huh..."
" Alright. Look, I don't plan on getting left behind anyways. I'll find a way, after all we're friends, right?" Jasmine, startled, looked away. Then nodded.
" You know," said May." I may be a bit stubborn, but I don't want to leave you guys yet. Without you, I don't think I can do it on my own."
"..."
" Well?" Jasmine huffed.
" I guess... Perhaps I could use some salve on your wound to help."
" Thank you." When she finished applying the salve, Jasmine eagerly went out of the room. Closing the door behind her, she took a deep breath and sighed.
" Friends, huh..."
" Hey, Jasmine what're you doing?"
" Lief! I thought you were practicing with Barda," she said, fidgeting. Lief leaned against the wall.
" We're taking a break. What were you doing?"
"Why do you want to get yourself involved in everything? Jeez, I'm going."
She started walking off, but stopped midway." You know you better watch out, she's gonna find out about the belt sooner or later."
" That's why it's best to left her here," replied Lief, half-heartily. Jasmine turned around.
" You don't actually want her to leave do you?"
" Think it over yourself again."