Me

I slowly placed my headphones into my ear as I made my way out of the large college gates at the end of the day. I received soft smiles from some of the girls and guys and I returned them before reaching into my bag for my iPod. I put it on shuffle mode and then returned it to my bag. You know that whole clique moment when the song that is playing on your iPod fits the mood you are in, with not necessarily the words but maybe the speed/feel of the song? Yup I had all that going on. In my ear the song was playing as I was walking down the narrow paths and alleyways on my way home. I liked the walk home from college. I liked the fresh air and the alone time I had. Don't get me wrong, I loved being at home and I had no family problems, obviously apart from my dad leaving us but I just loved the outdoors. Being outdoors was the way in which I became involved in my favourite hobby, photography. I was once sat messing around with my small compact camera in the park when I was sat under a apple tree. A bird quietly crept across my line of vision, I had the urge to try and keep my distance so I wouldn't scare it away and I was able to get a photo of it. I did this successfully and to this day that photo has been my favourite, and I'm sure for many years to come it will stay that way. I now had a Nikon D3200, a DSLR camera, my baby. It was my most prized possession. I haven't really been able to use it for any proper shoot yet as I've only recently just bought it but I was hoping something would come around and I'd be able to use it soon.

When I got home I was greeted by my mother as she was about to head off for another night shift at work. My mum was a agent, mostly for models and the like but often she was used for other things, like for singers etc etc. She had been called into 'a late night meeting' she told me, pretty unconvincingly if you asked me. She was probably just going to meet some guy. "There is food in the freezer Daisy, just find something you like and cook it. I'll probably be home late so don't wait up!" My mother called from the hallway as she made her way out of the door and got into her car. A night in on my own, how fun.