Chapter 14

It was a warm day. Jordan and I were at my home watching a movie. "Did you like my family?" He asked while eating popcorn.

"I loved them! They were very nice. They made me feel like I wasn't a stranger to them, I was someone of their own." My voice lowered.

"See I told you everything will be fine." I nodded.

"And why you never told me you could speak Spanish!"

"You never asked." I stuck my tongue out.

"Looks like you have a lot of secrets." He smirked.

"And you know only one of them." I snapped.

He cocked his eyebrow at me , I bit my lip and looked away.

"You serious?"

"Haven't you heard that famous quote A woman's heart is the deep ocean of secrets." My eyes softened "Don't try to swim , you'll drown."

"But I'm a good swimmer."

"No you're not." I said softly.

He leaned closer, and crashed his lips on mine. I wrapped my hands around his neck. Close did we come, our breaths were entangled enough, our skins entwined together, our souls breathed forever.

When I woke up Jordan already left. I was reminiscing the last night .Even though I shouldn't, but this stupid brain of mine never listened to me.

***

Jordan was graduating , as it was his last year. He was so lucky . I felt happy for him. But I was stuck in this ugly school.

"Come on , you look good." Said Jordan's mother, he was wearing a black suit and a gown over it.

"Smile .Jordan smile." I said when I was trying to take a good picture with him. Gosh! This boy barely smiled in pictures.

Jordan was sitting in the front row and all the families were at the back, Jordan's mother dragged me over here. Well it was nice saying goodbyes to all my seniors. I just hated one of them , but he was very good to me and it was very surprising.

Later that day we threw a party at Jordan's home. Everyone was there, everyone including the  family and of course friends.

I was roaming around his house, when I saw his father sitting in his study, I wonder why he was like this . I mean... not interacting with people, always doing work .He didn't even attend his son's graduation. I found that extremely rude.

"Marina?"

I turned around ,to find Jordan looking at me suspiciously.

"Yes yes." He scared the hell outta me.

"What are you doing?"

"N..nothing I was just.." before I could complete my sentence he grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs. We entered his room, he locked us and asked me to sit. I quietly sat on bed not looking at his face.

He knelt down,  and held my hand. "Listen Marina. I know you're curious to know why my family is like this. sort of separated, but you don't have to find out the secrets of my family. We're like this,  we may seem happy. Yet deep inside somehow we all are broken."

"But Jordan.." He cupped my face. "Shh..you have me . You don't have to worry about anything. That's all you should know." He kissed me gently.

We spent the entire night at his roof top, looking at the moon and stars talking about life. I was deeply in love with his husky , deep voice making my heartbeat skip at times. He was just so admirable. I could look at him for the rest of my life.And easily survive. That was more than enough for me.