Chapter 12 - I Know

Amelia' P.O.V.

It was 10 and the boys had gone to bed because they had to be up early to do some interviews the next day. Nathan still wasn't home but I decided to wait up for him. I knew excatly what I was going to say to him when he got home. I had it all planned. 

** 2 HOURS LATER **

I was sat in the front room watching T.V. still waiting for Nathan to get home. It wasn't much later when I heard the front door being opened slowly, so it didn't make any noise. I knew it was Nathan. I got up from my seat and went to the door. He hadn't seen me yet because he had his back to me as he tried to close the door quietly. I cleared my throat so he knew I was there. He jumped and turned around.

"Amelia, what are you doing up so late?" He asked sounding shocked.

"I was waiting for you. Why are home so late?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest keeping myself calm.

"I was with Scooter." He replied.

"Until 12?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." He said, trying to sound innocent.

"Don't lie to me Nath!" I said angrily before walking back into the front room with Nathan not too far behind. 

"I'm not lying." He protested. There was no way I was going to believe anything he told me now, not after Jay had told me what he did. 

"Well then what were you and 'Scooter' doing til' this time?" I asked as I sat back down in my seat.

"Talking." He replied as he sat next to me. I moved away a little.

"About?" I asked.

"Stuff." He replied, looking at me confused.

"Nathan, I know you're lying!" I half-shouted. He looked down. "Just tell me where you were, I don't get why you're making such a big deal out of it."

"I was with Amy." He said as he looked at his feet.

"Who's Amy?" I asked, I suddenly felt the hurt and anger buliding up inside me.

"Oh I forgot, you don't remember." He said. Now that, pissed me off. "Amy is my ex from when I was 14, in Gloucester."

"I don't get why you couldn't have just told me that." I said getting angry.

"Well I didn't tell you because you hate Amy, she used to be your best friend in Gloucester and she knew that you liked me but went out with me just to piss you off and you hated her ever since." He said as he fiddled with his hands.

"Well then why did you go and see her if she played you and you know I hate her?" I asked confused.

"I ran into her about a month ago and she wanted to catch up." He replied. 

"How many times have you gone out to meet her?" I asked, getting more angry. He didn't reply. "Nathan, answer the question!" 

"Just this one time and also a month ago." He said sounding guilty. Then it clicked. My accident was a month ago, and so was the night Nathan cheated. Was it her? I could feel the tears stinging my eyes as I tried to hold them back,

"Nathan?" I said.

"Yeah?" He asked as he reached for my hand but I pulled it away.

"I want you to be completely honest with me when I ask you this." I said.

"Of course." He replied.

"Did you cheat on me with her?" I asked looking directley into his eyes.