Chapter 51 - Glad You Came

***SATURDAY, 19th JULY***

Nathan's P.O.V~

"Are you guys ready for our last song?" I asked the audience. I laughed as they all screamed, "I'll take that as a yes."

After my strange encounter with Amelia I decided to sort myself out. I started eating properly again, I started going out, I spent so much time with Alexis we became inseparable and we got the tour going again. After discussing it with the management team we managed to reschedule all of the dates, not including the ones we had already done, and began touring again on the 9th of May and we were currently doing our final US date in Shawnee, Oklahoma. The tour had been amazing and the fans were even better. The meet and greets were fantastic and I had such a good laugh with the lads and all of the crew. It was sad that this was our last tour date but after we finished, we were having two months off and then getting straight back to work on a fourth album.

"Okay, guys, this is Glad You Came!" I shouted as they all went wild making my heart fill with happiness.

As Max started singing his line, the fans stated singing too, so Max just let them sing for him. That happened a lot at our other gigs too but it just made us all feel more overwhelmed with the fact that people actually learnt our songs and how blessed we were to have such brilliant fans.

After finishing the song, we were drenched, which often happened as we threw water on the fans and they threw it back. It was always something I loved about gigs, even though we were on stage, we still interacted with the fans. We took one final bow at the top of the stairs before saying 'Thank you' to the fans and the finally walking off stage for a while. 

"That was amazing guys." Max said as he man hugged us all.

"You were great Nath." Jay said as he hugged me too.

"Seev, I can't believe they almost made you take off your shirt!" Tom laughed.

"I can! Our fans are so dirty minded." He replied causing us all to laugh. It was very true.

"That was an amazing final tour gig." I said as I picked up a bottle of water, downing half of its contents.

"I couldn't agree more." Max smiled.

"But as much as I loved being on tour, I can't wait to get home and have two months off." Tom chirped in.

"Neither can I." We all agreed.

As much as we loved the fans, touring was hard, not just the actual work that gets put into the tour, but it's hard to be away from our families for so long. Of course, I would be expecting to go home to Amelia, but that wouldn't be happening. Although she was no longer with me physically, she was always in my mind and heart. A day never passed when I didn't think about her. I could only hope I was making her proud. Aside from that, I couldn't wait to get home to see my Mum, Jess, Phil and most importantly, Alexis. She had been staying with my Mum whilst I was on tour and it almost killed me not getting to see her everyday. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that missed their family though. Max would be dying to see Jack and Babs, Seev would want to see Nareesha, Tom would want to see Kelsey, and Jay would want to see Ellie.

And that's when it occurred to me. Most of the guys would be going home to their girlfriends, or a fiancee. And I woudl be going home to my child. As much as it hurt me to even think about this, Amelia was probably right. I needed to move on. I needed to find someone else. I didn't want to be alone for the rest of my life because I was too stubborn to move on. I really didn't want to, but it's what Amelia wanted me to do, and I promised her I would, so it's what I was going to do. I didn't know how long it would take, but I would find someone. They would never replace Amelia, or her role as a Mum to Alexis, but they would definitely be there for her. Plus, Alexis needed a female role model to look up to. I smiled as the thought passed through my mind. I got butterflies just thinking about it.