Glass Shards

Tori and Jamie walked into the mission room and Megan immediately looked down. Tori frowns and walks over to Megan and giving her a smile that says... it's ok! Megan smiled at Tori and Nightwing clears his throat." We have found that Black Manta and Klarion have been hiding out in an old abandoned warehouse. We will make three teams and go in unnoticed. Alpha squad is Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Robin, Miss M, Superboy. Gama squad is Lagoon Boy, Bumblbee, Impulse, Beast Boy. Beta squad is Zatanna, Bullet, Batgirl and me. The team leaders are Me, Miss M, Bumblbee. Move out!" Nightwing said, the group splitting up into three groups. Then Bullet remembered the assassin that was in her room.

"Nightwing! There was an assassin, he or she broke my window and gave me a note saying to choose wisely cause I only have one day left." Bullet said pulling down her goggles/mask. Nightwing nodded and told her that he would discuss this further later. She nodded and sped off to Beta squad.
~~~~~~~~~~AT THE WAREHOUSE~~~~~~~~
The three teams got into position and jumped into the warehouse at once. But there was no one there, then everyone beard a cry of pain. They all looked to see Zatanna laying on the floor her with a bullet in her shoulder. Bullet looked around and sped on the outside of the crates that lined the walls. She found both villains and threw them out into the middle of the floor." Good ta see ya again!" Bullet said crossing her arms. Nightwing tied up the two men and tossed then into the bioship." That was too easy. Something isn't-" Bullet was cut off when something hit the back of her head causing her to black out.

"Bullet!" Megan cried as she looked at the person who knocked out her friend. It was Blue Beetle! Miss M held him against a wall with her mind as the others knocked him out. Blue Beetle/Jamie Reyes helped Bullet up when she woke up and she looked at the blue pest and turned around to see the inside of the barrel of a gun that Manta was holding." Goodbye Bullet." He said pulling the trigger. As the gunshot sounded the team looked over at Bullet.

She had her eyes closed and held out her hands to shield herself. When the bullet never came she opened her eyes to see a confused Black Manta. He shot the gun again and this time the whole team saw the bullet bounce off their teammate. Bullet was shocked for a moment then she punched Manta, knocking him out. Then she turned to face her team." I think the pit temporarily gave me invincibility. Don't worry it's only temporary though." Bullet said shrugging as she motioned for Superboy to come and drag Manta back to the bioship so he could wake up in Belle Reve.

Once back at the mountain Tori put on her regular clothes and was now slowly sweeping up the broken glass that decorated her floor. She heard a knock on her door and Jamie peeked his head in. He ran up to her and gave her a hug, she hugged him back but soon let go." What was that for?" She asked picking up another piece of glass." You deserve a hug after almost dying..." He said rubbing her back. She shrugged and went for another piece of glass. She pulled back and held her finger." Ouch!" She said quietly. Jamie grabbed Tori's hand and looked at her bloody finger. He smirked." Well, your invincibility is gone." He said." I'll be right back." He said getting up and leaving the room. He came back a moment later waving a band-aid in the air. He sat down next to Tori putting the band-aid in her cut. She smiled and gave him a peck on his cheek making him blush. Then she went back to picking up the last piece of the glass.

"What are you going to do? You can't join some assassin group!?" Jamie said getting up off the floor and sitting down on her bed. She sat down next to him." I don't know. You saw what they did to my window. They could hurt you or Bart or anyone and I don't want that to happen. Obviously they want me to join their group but, I don't. I'm just scared about what they will do if I decline." She said looking at her bandaged finger. Jamie grabbed her hand and held it tight." That won't happen..." He said." How do you know!? Can you really guarantee that they will just say, oh ok if you don't want to join out assassin group then you and your friends can be on your way!? Huh???" She asked jumping up off the bed. Jamie jumped back at her yelling and she started to cry." I- I'm sorry..." Tori ran out to the room before Jamie could say anything else. Tori went to check on Zatanna and push her troubled thoughts to the back of her mind. She reached the med bay and saw Zatanna sitting in her bed looking super bored." Tori was about to go in when someone grabbed her from behind." Your team thought they could just lock me up! But you can't escape me. I already got your brother, now I got you too!" He said into her ear putting his hand over her mouth. How did that blue pest escape his cell!? And with Manta and Klarion!? She wondered in her mind as she saw Manta and Klarion in front of her. The saw a needle in Klarion's hand and be for she knew it he stuck it in her neck. She soon began to feel drowsy and sleepy, before long she went limp and everything went black.