Chapter 3

All I saw was red before I was pulled off of Jasmine by Amara and Roxy. Dena cowered in fear a few feet away from me. I snapped out of my daze and looked at the black eye forming on Jasmine's face and her cut lip. Did I really just do that? I can't believe it. I really just did that. This is so unlike me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you ladies to leave before I call the police," a kind old woman who I guess either worked at the cafe or owned it asked us. Everyone nodded their heads and began to leave, all except Jasmine, Dena and I.

Roxy noticed I wasn't moving and grabbed my arm to pull me out.

Reluctantly, the girls dragged me out of the little cafe. I don't know whether or not it was because I felt bad about what I had done or if it was because I wanted to cause Jasmine more harm, but I didn't want to leave the cafe.

Not only did I stand up for myself, but I showed them that they shouldn't mess with me or my friends. It was a great feeling, but seeing as how I did it made me feel bad about myself. Why did I have to beat her up to get what I wanted?

I really shouldn't have done that. There are other ways I could have solved my problems, but beating Jasmine's face to a pulp was not one of them.

Before I knew it we were pulling up to my house. I didn't even notice that I had gotten into the car until Roxy was pulling me out. Wow, I must be really out of it. I can tell that my day can only get worse from here on out. I am so not excited. We all piled into my house and collapsed into my living room.

Rowan walked in carrying a bag of chips and in nothing but his jeans. "What's up with all you gloomy people?" He asked while taking another chip out of the bag and eating it. The crunchy sound actually made me hungry but I was too lazy to get up and get something to eat.

"Well," Amara sighed deeply, "Maire got us kicked out of the cafe, and-"

"How'd she do that?" Rowan cut her off. Idiot brother, why can't he let her finish talking?

"She beat up Jasmine," Roxy said so that Amara couldn't snap at him.

"Whoa!" Rowan said then smiled brightly towards me, "my sis is finally standing up for herself? I'm going to go mark this day on the calendar."

I rolled my eyes as he left the room with probably the happiest smile on his face. He's such a weirdo. I can't believe I'm related to him.

I let myself sink further into the couch as I looked over my friends. I don't even know who this Darby chick is even or why she is in my house. "Who are you even?" I asked looking at her.

She didn't turn to look at me but was rather staring off where Rowan had just disappeared to. "Hello?" That got her to look at me, "who are you?"

She smiled, "I'm Amara's cousin, she has to look after me until she goes back to school because she-"

"Don't even say it!" Amara cut her off, "I hate dealing with a idiotic sixteen year old like you. You are almost worse than Rowan over there. Almost."

I smiled towards Amara, "does that mean that my brother and your cousin could annoy you together and you just might explode?"

"You want me to explode?" She asked slowly. She looked really confused as to what I had asked. "Why would you want me to-"

I cut her off, "next topic, what was that exciting news you had for us?"

I watched as her face broke out into a smiled and she sat up just a little straighter. She looked quite proud of herself and I could see in her eyes that she had a new sparkle that I've never seen over the last three years that I've known her. "Well, I want to make a video with you guys to tell everyone that I have big news first, then I'll tell you guys what it is."