Chapter 12

All the guys were a wreck.

We ended up watching Pitch Perfect to try and make their moods brighten. However, that seemed like an impossible thing. Even after I gave them a speach just like I had given Liam. They understood, but that didn't mean that they were happy about it. I even think that Harry was the worst off out of all of them. It seemed as if his mind was somewhere else the entire time.

After the movie we all got pizza for supper and Harry went off to make a call in the bathroom. I knew he was still trying to seach for Louis and I wouldn't blame him. I'd do the same thing if it was Rowan.

I tried to make conversation with them for an hour after the pizza but none of them would say more than three words at a time. Even Roxy was starting to get an awkward vibe from them. I was almost relived when the door rang and I ran to go get it.

With a smile on my face I opened it. But it quickly fell and I slammed the door shut. "Who was it?" Roxy asked as I walked away from the door.

I refeused to look up at her, "don't let him back in here." 

I wuickly ran out of the living room and into my room. I can't believe he had the nerve to show up here again. Was Dalton hit over the head with a baseball bat when he was a child? That would explain so much.

I laid back onto my bed and glared at the celeing and after a few minutes my door was opened. I proped myself up onto my elbows to see who it was and realxed when it was just Liam. I laid back onto my bed and sighed as he came and laid beside me.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I mentally shrugged, "I just hoped I'd never see his face again."

He rolled over and pulled me towards him and I actually let him. I relaxed next to him and almost started to cry. I needed a hug and I think he did too.

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore Liam," I whispered. "I may look like I have it all together, but I don't"

I felt him pull me closer to him and I rested my head on his chest. 

"I try to take care of Rowan, I really do." I sniffled as a tear fell to the bed, "and I'm trying to help you guys stay calm but then Dalton has to show up and remind me about everything I don't want to be reminded of."

He started to rub my back, "you don't have to try to do everything at once Maire, it takes time."

Time, I just need to take my time to get over it.

I don't know how long we laid there for, but eventually Roxy came knocking on my door and we both sat up. I cleared my throat and dried my eyes, "yes?"

She opened the door and smiled unsurely at me, "so the boys just left because Louis went back to his place. And um, then they left they accidentally let Dalton in and his nad Rowan look like they are about to kill each other in the living room."

I nodded my head and she left. I really didn't want to go deal with him again, "want me to stay with you?" Liam asked, I guess he was sensing my reluctance.

I sighed and stood up. He looked at me with a worried expressiona nd I held out my hand for him to grab. He gave me a reassuring smile as he took my hand and we left my room together. When we got out into the living room Rowan spotted me first an dstood up to make his way over to my side. Roxy stood on the other side of the room with her arms crossed and a deadly look aimed at Dalton.

He stood in the middle of the room looking at me.

"You know mom and dad are getting a divorce," that was the first thing he decided to say to me.

I shrugged, "I don't care."

He took an angrilly step towards me and I took one towards him to show him I wasn't afraid. He just scoffed, "they are getting it because Rowan moved out here with you."

I saw Rowan stiffen a little bit but it wasn't his fault and I knew it. I just rolled my eyes, "okay sure."

Dalton let out a frustrated and angry sigh directed towards me, "they wouldn't have so much trouble in their relationship if he haddn't ahve moved out and you would visit more often. When I left they were happy and I come back and they are getting a divorce! How could you-"

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. "Just shut up for one minute!"

Everything went deadly quiet and I squeased Liam's hand and he squeased it back. I know he was on my side. I needed strength that I could get from him and I was happy he was there with me.

"The day you left dad turned to me and slapped me," I said without any wavering in my voice. "Mom always blamed you leaving on me. They said we were such a happy family until you left. I agreed with them. We may have had a few fights now and again because we didn't get along, but it was better that way."

I took a deep breath and started to talk a little quieter. "After that dad started to beat mom and blamed her for raising such disobeadient children. She ocasionally hit me to blame me for forcing you out of her life. When it was my turn to go off for school I didn't leave without telling anyone. And I came back to visit to make sure Rowan didn't get the same treatment."

By now I wasn't screaming anymore. "But they still fought and avoided each other and Rowan and I whenever I was there. All of this is the reason why Rowan moved out here now. Plus you decided to magically apear back onto the face of the Earth which is mostly what set everyone off. Why can't you see that I got over the fact that you left and I'm trying to move on?"

I felt Rowan put his hand on my shoulder and I didn't realize I was crying again.

"I screwed up ok?" Dalton shouted at us and ran his hands through his hair. "Not on just leaving, but running away with Libby."

Libby was his girlfriend at the time. I wouldn't have doubted that he ran away with her. 

"She's some sort of royalty in some country I've never heard of and I ran away from her when i found out that her parents wanted me to get married to her. I've been hiding in America ever since because I never wanted to marry her."

I shpwed no emotion to this new information. I did not care.

"You're an idiot and you need to leave before I call the cops on you Dalton." I said coldly. He looked at me desperately but I wouldn't budge and he soon realized that.

"I'm sorry Maire," he whispered then left quietly.

No one moved. We all stayed where we were for another five minutes at least until I let out a breath of air and turned around to hug Rowan. When my hand dissconnected from Liam's, I suddendly felt drained.

Rowan hugged me back tightly for a second until I let go of him. He gave me a sweet smile and I wondered whatever did he do to deserve this in his life? He's too nice and innocent. No one really deserves this sort of thing.

The next person I hugged was Liam. He lifted me off the ground and hugged me almost as tight as Rowan. Rowan left the room saying he was going to bed and then Liam put me down. "You're so brave," he whispered.

I smiled softly at him, "I'm drained now though."

He chuckled softly and hugged me again. I rested my head on his chest and took a deep breath. I think I could get used to hugging him. It felt so perfect.