Chapter 6

A month later

           It’s been a month since the Leron accident, ever since Cody snap at me at Starbucks I never seen him anymore. Alli and I are not the same anymore, whenever I text or call her she’s always busy, hence she’s a busy young lady. While me on the other side well ‘Hi books’ all-time favourite. Lance and I are still the same nothing changed on that one and I never wished for it. Spencer… well Spencer is such a sweetheart, I think, I think I’m developing some feelings for him. But I’m not hundred percent sure on that one because if Cody has a girlfriend, I should have a boyfriend too. It’s unfair for me and unfair for Spencer, he’s been asking me out but all I can say is ‘I’m not ready’ I know it hurts but jeez, blame Cody on this one, because of him I let my walls up no one has ever broken that wall ever since he left me. He’s the reason why I’m single; hence he’s the reason why I’m miserable about love right now. No matter how hard I try to convince myself that I’m ready to be in love again a minute later I’m all chicken, chicken to admit that I’m still in love with Cody. I don’t know why but I should let him go, he doesn’t care anymore, he doesn’t even know I exist anymore. He forget about me, I should move on but I just can’t, I can’t move on I have no idea why.

    My thoughts got cut off by someone clearing their throat, I hoist my neck to look who it was, it’s Lance  he gave me a sad smile and I smiled back.

   ‘’We need to go now Els’’ He said and I nodded. I took my apron off and grab my bag.

   ‘’So.. Spencer is annoying me’’ Lance said and I chuckled.

   ‘’That kid never stop’’ I said siting on the passenger seat while he took the wheel.

    ‘’Just say yes to him, don’t let Cody throw your happiness away. Time to move on babe’’ He said and I nodded.

   ‘’I know’’ I mumble and I saw my surrounding starting to get blur. I hate to say this but I’m going to do what’s best for me, move on won’t hurt me. I need to forget about him, I need to clear him off the picture, I need to stop thinking about him, I need to stop living on the past, I need to stop thinking that in the end he’ll crawl back because he wouldn’t , I need to stop wasting my tears for him, I need to stop waiting that he’ll be back and tell me that he still love me because that won’t be happening and last I need to stop loving him because it’s not worth it anymore.

    Flashbacks

   ‘’Jeez Cody slow down, I don’t wanna fall’’ I said hitting him on his shoulder while his going fast in the jet ski with me behind him and it’s so fast.

  ‘’What’s the fun in there if I go slowly’’ He said and going faster than it already was.

  ‘’Cody I’m going to die!!’’ I scream while he just laughs at me and that earns him a smack on his back.  

   We reach the shore and Cody keeps laughing his head off and I pushed him and he fell on the golden sand laughing.

  ‘’Seriously, grow up’’ I said trying not to smile because he looks so cute and his laugh is contagious.

   ‘’Sorry-sorry’’ He said sitting down and pulling my hands and interlacing our fingers together. The butterflies erupt on my stomach, my stomach tight in a good way. He stood up and he look down at me. He pressed his forehead to mine and I smiled and closed my eyes.

  ‘’I love you, always will always have. Don’t ever forget that, no one will tear us apart. I promise that’’ he said. I smiled