Chapter 3

The day before the fight

Jace's P.O.V

"Next time, know what you're getting yourself into." I say to the nearly unconscious opponent lying on the cold alleyway pavement floor.

I've been training non stop since Friday to be ready for my 'big fight' tomorrow night. I have not been told any details what so ever. This by the way is getting on my nerves. But since then I have been fighting fight after fight for 2 hours strait.

But I have been noticing changes since Thursday. No one really pays attention to me as much anymore. Guess there's some new hot gossip going on that's way more important then the undefeated. But that's not the only thing that's changing, like Dan for example.

He's staring at me with pity written all over his face and he won't even look me in the eyes to talk to me or give me my money like he used to. This 'big event' tomorrow must be really nerve racing for him. Almost like he thinks I might not win while fighting this want to be.

That thought made me infuriated. So I took it out on my new opponent that I was facing. He was definitely in a gym of some sort, but he wasn't as good as he wished he was. Every time he throws a cross I almost laugh at how weak his stance is.

I quickly finish him off and people start cheering and Dan gives me the money I had won. That was my last fight for the night so I was heading home to get ready for school the next day.

~at school~

 I get to school Monday morning to be starred at with awe and fantasizing. So the usual morning I so wish I didn't have. But today almost feels different... Good different.

I slowly look around to see how, but see nothing has changed. Maybe because of the fight later tonight? Yeah, that has to be it.

 Or there's a cretin someone you want to see.

I stop in my tracks and confusion races threw me. Want to see someone? Other then my unlucky opponent? Yeah I don't think so. Shut up stupid brain.

I go to my locker and then strait to my class with one thought in mind.

'Why would I think that?'

Case's P.O.V

Okay I'll admit, I practiced. But just a little bit.

You can't blame me for being just a little worried right? Like both mine and Jace's titles are on the line, I don't know about Jace but I know I like my title.

Then again I don't even think he knows what's going on tonight. I asked Dan not to even think about telling Jace or he would be getting a little lick from my lollipop. (I did not mean that in a dirty way BTW)

But I did a good job on skipping the classes I thought we shared and avoiding him in the halls. So I did not see him at all today, but man was I looking forward to tonight.

I had pasta an hour and a half ago and was heading to the alleyway now. I was 5 minutes early so I could hide and blend in with the crowd before Jace got here. And man was I lucky because as soon as I entered the crowd Jace turned the corner into the alley.

He looked completely relaxed and so unaware of what was going to happen in about 2 minutes. And boy did I love the adrenalin that was pumping threw my veins as I watched him walk over to Dan who had in fact been watching me; and still was when Jace talked to him.

I smirked, grabbed a lollipop from my back pocket put it in my mouth and winked. I saw a slight shiver run down his back and I had to bite my lip in order to stop myself from laughing.

I wasn't even fighting yet and I already was having a good time. That's a good sign right?

Damn it Case stop thinking you're going to lose or else you will!!! I mentally told myself before walking to the front of the crowd.

I had arrived in all black. A baggy hoddie, black short shorts, black converse and my blonde hair tied up in a tight pony. My usual fight wear. I had a lollipop in my mouth and I most likely was going to be fighting with it in my mouth.

When I get to the front people know exactly who I am and they go dead quite. The only ones I heard talking was Jace and Dan.

"You're up." Dan told Jace who still didn't know who I was. He probably didn't know that I was a girl yet. My hood was covering my face so the only thing you saw was the tip of my nose and down. As I heard Jace enter the circle I smirked.

Everyone was still quite I could probably hear a pin drop.

"Um... Who are you?" Jace asked me. That's when I heard someone cough and my smirk quickly changed into a smile.

"This is going to be fun." I say while taking off my hood.

Jace's look of question quickly turned to shock, confusion and horror. Guess he did care about his title as much as I did. Well probably not as much but close.  

"One of you will no longer be the champion." The 'ref' said “Let the fight begin." And he took a step back