.6

10:00pm

"Yo, Earth to mother freaking Aldesa," Elsa waved her hands in front of me and then jumped onto my bed. "You've been out of it girly."

"If you walked into a person eating yellow paint, what would you do?" I jumped on the bed next to her sitting criss crossed. I had to get a second opinion.

"I would be like slide me some," I kissed my teeth at her response. "I'm serious Elsa."

She ran her finger through her long brown locks and shrugged, "I don't know, laugh maybe, then be like dude you alright?" I rolled my eyes.

"Now what about those flowers, you have a thing with Andres or something?" She laughed and then looked at my wandering eyes. She grabbed onto my shirt and pulled me to her face, "You did not get those flowers from Andres woman!"

It was our thing to make jokes about Andres. An example would be her saying "Who asked you to the dance, Andres?" and then we would laugh because that would be far from impossible. Every girl would joke like that.

But not this time.

"Yes okay," I sighed giving up. Sooner or later she would get it out of me. She always does.

"No freaking way! The Andres, the most gorgeous boy at our school gave you these yellow ass flowers?" I nodded and her smile faltered a bit.

"Yellow flowers, yellow," Her voice faded out as her forehead wrinkled in thought. Oh no.

"He was the one eating yellow paint?"

I swallowed and nodded.

"Aldesa, he's not right in the head." She stood, "He's a freak."

I stood with her, "Hey! He has his reasons."

She crossed her arms, "So tell me, if he wasn't the attractive, popular Andres you would just think this shit is normal?"

I thought about it. Real hard. I sat back onto the bed. What if he was this unattractive kid? I would probably run screaming.

I watched Elsa drop the beautiful flowers in the trash.

I left them there.