.11

4:00am

She died that night.

Not before telling Andres how much she loved him and how she was so proud of him throughout his life.

Andres said it was bound to happen, he's been preparing himself his entire life. His grandmother been raising him since he was little, but as his tears drenched my shirt I knew he was never prepared. How could you be?

We sat at the food court and I looked at his bright eyes as he slowly eat. He looked different. He didn't look dead.

"Listen, I'm so, so so sorry for calling you a freak a couple weeks back," I swallowed my food, "I truly don't feel that way I swear. Because I'm a freak too, you know?"

He put down his sandwich and grabbed my hands. My heart jumped at his gesture.

"I can't lie to you, that shit you said hurt, but I had no right to say what I said to you," I nodded at his sincereness. "My grandma just died and our last minutes together has been life changing."

"I promised her I would get better. I will get better, it'll be hard but I will get better, I swear it."

"I know you will," I said squeezing his hand.

He leaned and kissed my nose. If it wasn't for my dark skin I would be redder than a bamboos ass.

"What was that for?"

"I really like you Aldesa, you're good for me," He smiled that perfect smile and I couldn't help but to smile back.