.7

2:00pm

I walked side by side with Elsa toward my car. My heart felt a little heavier today as it was drizzling.

"Yo Adlesa!" I closed my eyes as I recognized Andres sweet voice. Elsa bumped my shoulder and gave me a secret stay away from him look. I nodded as she gave me a hug and headed to her parked car next to mine.

"Hi Andres," I looked at him as he pulled a beanie onto his head.

"I feel like you're avoiding me, I haven't saw you in a while," He scratched the back of his neck nervously chuckling. He was always smiling.

"It's a big school Andres," I didn't mean to sound so snappy but it came out that way.

"Did I do something?"

"No."

"Well, if you didn't know already, I would like to get to know you and - and I don't know I feel so um, happy just seeing your face, I really like seeing your face."

My heart thudded so hard in my chest I'm surprised it didn't jump out right then and there.

The flowers thrown in the trash flashed in my mind and so did Elsa's words.

"I can't, I can't if you're asking me out on a date."

"Why? Again, did I do something?" His eyes were wide with innocence almost like he really cared if he hurt me.

"I can't go out with a freak." His smiled wiped off his face as hurt was written all over his features. His jaw flexed as he looked up.

I would do anything to put those words back into my mouth.

"From you Aldesa, you. I recall you being the freak, overdose for me will you." The hate spewing from his words hit me like a train as I took a step back.

He walked away with his hands in his pockets.

My eyes watered and a tear streaked down my face.

Not because of what he said. Because of what made him say that.

Me.