Two

Luke

I walk to school in the rain.

My mother couldn't afford to be late to her first day of work, therefore, couldn't take me to school.

I don't mind. I like the rain. I like the colors of the sky and the noise the rain drops make on the pavement.

It's my first day at my new school, and I'm terrified. Living with social anxiety is hard. Worse then hard. But I live through it. Sort of.

I feel the coldness of my lip ring against my teeth as I walk, making it to the front doors. I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a second, like my mom told me to do.

It doesn't help, it never does.

I pull the door open and step in, looking at the schedule I printed out to find my first class. It's English. As I walk people stare at me. I debate with myself if I should turn around and walk right back out, but I don't.

Girls are whispering all around me. Is my hair messed up? I start to walk faster and finally find my first class. I walk in and the teacher smiles. I try to smile back, I don't think it works.
I avoid looking at all the students in front of me and I hear him say, "Everyone, please welcome our new student, Luke Hemmings."

I stand there for a little, until I remember I should talk.

"Um, where should I sit?" I ask, my voice cracks a little, damn it.

"Over there, next to Luna." he says, and points.

I look over to where his finger is and see a girl. Dark brown wavy hair, green eyes, and the pinkest lips I've ever seen, but no makeup. She's wearing a flannel too, a blue one, and jeans.

She is beautiful

I start to walk over to my seat, but I can't seem to take my eyes away from hers. I feel my hands start to sweat and my teeth chewing hard on my lip.

As I sit, I look away, and feel my face get hot.

Please let me get through today

////
(: