Six

Luke

I sit on my bed, reading Luna's note over and over. It only has a few sentences but her handwriting and her smiley faces make my heart thump.

A knock at my door sends my hands to hide the note under my pillow, and I see my sisters face appear.

"Hey," Elizabeth says, "Dinners ready, and guess who's here?" She has the widest smile on her face and it makes me start to get anxious.

"Someone's here? Who? And why?" I ask.

"Dads' friends family." Is all she says and then closes my door.

I start to do my breathing exercises. I wasn't prepared for guests.

After a while I stand up and walk down stairs, my hand shaky on the railing.

I walk into the dining room and my heart stops. Sitting at my dinner table are a man, a woman, and strangely, Luna.

Her eyes meet mine and she freezes, the only empty spot left is next to her.

"What took you so long, sweetie." My mom says, and I cringe.

"Enough with the names, Liz." I say quietly, and she laughs.

"You're right, we wouldn't want you to get embarrassed in front of this gorgeous young lady."

Luna's cheeks tint pink, and I sit down beside her, smiling a little.

I see that she's wearing jeans, and a shirt that looks amazing on her. Almost too amazing. She looks hot.

I blush at the word I just thought of. I can't believe I just thought that.

She avoids my eyes for a little, and when I look away to eat, I see her look at me.

"So, Luna, I'm Elizabeth. It's nice to finally meet you." My sister smiles.

"It's nice to meet you too." Luna says, and smiles back brightly at her.

"I hope we can be friends, I really don't have any since it's a new school and all. After dinner you should come to my room and we'll hang out."

I can tell this scares Luna a little, but she still nods her head anyways.

Throughout the dinner, I find myself staring at her boobs.

Luke, I think to myself, you better stop before your little friend pops up at the dinner table.

I giggle at the words i had just said in my mind, and Luna looks towards me, smiling.

"What's so funny?" She whispers.

"Oh, nothing, I just, um. Nothing."

Spit it out Luke just talk to her.

"Oh, okay then." She says and turns back to her meal.

When dinner ends, I have found out a few things, the man at the table is Luna's new step father, and he works with my dad. Also, Luna is now spending the night, as she has really opened up to my sister, and they're really having fun. Her step- dad thought it would be a good idea for Luna to make a new friend.

Later on that night, after Luna's mother and her husband left, and said goodbye, I was in my room, listening quietly to the giggles of the girls across the hall.

I hear the door open, and Luna walks in.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the bathroom." She says.

"It's okay." I whisper. I look down at her and she's wearing a big t-shirt, and it looks like no shorts. I gulp and look back up at her face.

"Which room is the bathroom?" She asks.

"The one to the right of mine." I say and she closes the door, without another word.

_

"Luke." I hear a whisper, and turn my lamp on. I wasn't asleep, just watching Netflix on my phone.

"Luna? What's wrong?"

"Elizabeth is asleep and, god this is embarrassing I'm, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, come here." my heart starts to pound as I watch her walk towards me. Her shirt is barely going past the tops of her thighs, and my breaths become shallow.

She sits on the edge of my bed, careful to keep the shirt down, and whispers, "I'm sorry but, I don't really know this house, and I, I'm just scared. Not only scared but Im hungry."

///