Seven

Luna

I watch as Luke stands up out of bed, his hair messy, and his hands steady. He's wearing a black tshirt, and gray joggers, low on his hips. Stubble is growing slightly on his face and I can't help but notice how good it looks on him. How he always looks good.

He grabs my hand in his own and I breathe out shakily.

"Let's get some food." He says, avoiding my eyes.

He leads me down the stairs and into the kitchen. He lets go of my hand and I suddenly feel unsafe.

I sit down on a stool in front of the bar while Luke looks through the fridge. I see him twist his face up and then close the fridge, and after, opening the pantry. He pulls out Cheetos and two cokes, and then sits beside me, still a little far away.

"Do you like Cheetos?" he asks.

I nod and he smiles.

"It's safe here, you know." He says quietly, and I feel a little better.

"It's just that I don't really know you, it's hard to talk to someone I don't know." I say back.

He sits beside me on a stool and opens the bag , turning it towards me. I take a few and eat them, looking down at my lap and then look back up towards him.

He's looking at me closely, his eyes scanning over my face.

"I like your voice." He says after a while, and I blush.

"Thank you. " Is all I say.

"Should we go to sleep?" he says after a while.

"I guess." I shrug. We stand up and he closes the bag of Cheetos, and putting them in the pantry.

"You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the couch. I know how my sister takes up the whole bed." he says.

"No that's okay, really." I say back but he shakes his head.

"It's okay Luna, I'll bring you up."

Luke grabs my hand once again and leads me up the stairs. My heart starts pounding and I focus on my breathing.

He opens his door and pulls back the covers, signaling for me to get under them. I walk beside him slowly, and get in his bed, laying my head on the pillow.

My nose is filled with an incredible scent, and it could only be described as Luke. Musty, a mix of cologne and wash detergent. I knew I'd sleep good tonight.

He walks out of the room without a word, and I drift to sleep thinking of his smell.

__

I shoot up in the bed, a loud scream fills my ears and makes me cringe. Luke?

I pull the covers off me and get out of bed, opening the door and tiptoeing down the stairs.

I'm almost to the bottom until a hand grabbing ahold of my arm makes me jump back.

"Don't." Elizabeth says with wide eyes, "He's violent when he's dreaming."

Luke, violent?

Another scream echoes.

"I can't leave him alone like this, somethings wrong." I say, and run down the stairs with Elizabeth calling me back.

I have to squint to see in the living room. Everything's dark except for the light of the TV.

On the couch I see Luke, shaking and whimpering, his hands in fists. He's laying in a ball, and he looks terrified. How could he be violent?

I walk towards him, and whisper, "Luke, what's wrong?"

He jumps up from the couch and looks at me with a terrified look on his face. His hands are still in fists and soon he punches the wall next to him.

I jump and sink down towards the wall beside me.

What's wrong with him.

Suddenly, he turns to me and screams. "FUCK."

I don't understand, all I know is I'm scared and I want to go home. I start walking away fast, and I hear a mere whisper before I shut his bedroom door and lock it.

"Luna, please don't leave me."

___

ooh ooh ohh