"C for Calum"

"Why are you yelling, Robert?" I hear my mom yell as I re read the sentence I've been trying to read and understand.

For a year now, I've been wanting to read Divergent. It's old news but I never really had the time to read it when I bought the book since it was my senior year.

"You're yelling too!" My dad yells at my mom.

I opened my door and yelled, "Shut up! I'm trying to read!" I slammed the door shut but instead, me being me, I lost my interest to continue reading the book.

My parents hasn't entered my room lately so it's been easy for me to pack once in a while.

It's been a week since I went surfing with the guys and Chelsea, since Calum and Andrea got back together. Kenny was out on a family vacation for 4 days and came back last night. I've been wanting to go over and bother him but I never really had the strength to get out of bed or leave the house.

I stood in the middle of my room in joggers and a tank top. My low socks wrapped perfectly around my feet. I wrapped my hair in a bun, feeling the heat rise in my room. I heard my phone ring, indicating that I got a text message from Kenny.

Babe: bbaaabbee. Be ready in 10 minutes.

Me: Why.?

Babe: Will I ever get a message from you with an 'ok'?

Me: Not today :)

Babe: Just be ready lol

I changed out of my lame clothes and put on something better. I slipped on my shorts and a light jacket. I let my hair down, only to be placed with a clip on the side. I put on my beat up converse and walked out of my room.

I grabbed my bag that was sitting at the end of the staircase. I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad in a pair of swimming shorts and tank top.

"Where's mom?" I asked when I noticed she was not here. I mean, I didn't hear anyone leave the house or anything.

"Out in the back."

I glanced over the window and saw that she was sitting under the sun with sunglasses and a glass of wine next to her. "Oh alright. I'm gonna head out." I said.

My dad flipped his grilled cheese before speaking. "So am I. What time will you be home?"

"I don't know. Kenny is taking me out." I shrugged.

My dad sighed, biting his lower lip. "Okay, I know your mom haven't spoken to you about you having a boyfriend but like, I don't know, I have you two ever like...? I don't know. Have you ever-"

"Ew! Dad! Stop." I groan.

"I know, I'm sorry! I just thought I should be the parent here."

"Don't worry about me." I chuckled.

I forbid to tell my parents about what happened in junior year. Especially to Drake.

"Okay, well you know that basic rules. Condoms-"

"Bye." I smiled when I get a message from Kenny saying that he's outside.

"That Kenny kid should come in and introduce himself." My dad says.

"You met him already, dad."

"Still, it's much more respectful if he comes in and gets you and at least greet himself and say hi to me or your mom."

I inhaled sharply with a nod, quickly walking out of the house. I jumped into Kenny's rust truck, greeting him with a kiss.

"Beautiful as always. When are you never beautiful?" He compliments with a smile making me blush.