Chapter 6- Lost In Confusion

Relationships are a big fuss. Whether you get in one or lose one, your always gonna be the big headline of the week. And when you have relationships that are uncertain like the one I had, your always lost in confusion just like an illusion. But that's just how it was supposed to be like, you can't change anything about it. But one day, you'll look back at what you were with him and sigh with relief. Because you'll realise he wasn't worth your time at all.

'This can't happen. Henry would never betray me." I paced back back and forth in my room, with thoughts clouding my mind. I felt disturbed after receiving the messages. It was as if, now, I couldn't trust my own family members.

But until I have a proof, I couldn't go around telling everyone that Henry turned it to be a betrayer to his own sister. But, why would Henry do so?

As per my knowledge, I remember being the an incredible elder sibling to him. He shouldn't be having any reason to do so. But the bitter truth is that betrayal never comes from enemies.

I bit my lip, trying to figure out reasons why Henry would plan on spoiling all these years of my hard-work on our family business. Probably someone would have enforced him to do so. Or... Henry desired my post of CEO and did so, to take over me.

I stopped in my tracks. No. He couldn't. He just can't.

I groaned, tugging onto my hair, feeling like ripping them off due to frustration. Violent? Yes.

Calm down, Cassandra. You shouldn't jump to conclusions that quickly. What if it isn't Henry at all? What if it's entirely someone else? You need to get your shit together and focus on what the messenger would try to do, that is if he or she was being serious.

Oh Lord.... Save me.

Just as I was about to do anything further, there was a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Cassandra, dear, lunch is ready." I turned around to find Mary. I nodded and followed her.

Everyone was already seated on the dining table. I quickly made my way to a seat next to Mom. "Here she is."

All sorts of dishes were laid out on the table- spaghetti bolognese, steak, paella, salmon in rice paper parcels and chicken rolls.

I put some paella on my plate and just as I went for the spaghetti, Justin dived in for it at the same time. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds but I played it cool by saying, "Your the spaghetti lover. Go for it."

When I done putting some on my plate, I quickly tasted it and moaned. "Incredible."

Everyone smiled. "After all it's Hailey who made it."

I froze. "Uh... Well, then, she's got taste in her hands."

I ate in silence, savouring the flavour in each mouthful and hearing everyone else chat. Not eavesdropping, though.

"So, Cassandra, whose gonna be the lucky guy?" Pattie asked making me furrow my eyebrows.
"What do you mean?" I asked, quickly regretting it. Why a Justin Bieber song reference?
"When do you plan on getting married?" She asked as I gulped down a mouthful of water.

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes. I didn't know how to respond.

"Erm.... I guess when time is right." I managed to croak.
"Really? Well, do make me one of the bridesmaids." She joked as I fake laughed.
"Will do!"
"But seriously, who is the man you've got your attention on?" Hailey continued. I groaned, mentally.
"Honestly, I've got a million other things to get my attention on than men." I rolled my eyes, earning a few laughs.
"A very busy girl, indeed." Pattie smiled at me and I smiled back.
"So, how are thing's going? Is business well?" Jeremy asked as I nodded.
"Everything is fine. Thank you." I smiled and went on with my munching.

I peaked over to Justin and Hailey, every now and then and felt my jaw clenching. She didn't deserve him. She just didn't. He deserves someone way better. It was like he was drunk in love and couldn't find a way to get a sober view of life, to realise who was really worth his time. But I could do nothing more than just sit and wish he understands.

Once I was done with lunch, I grabbed my plate and walked over to the kitchen, to place it on the counter for washing. As I placed the plate on the counter and turned around, I bumped into a hard chest, losing balance and hurting myself against the hard edge on the counter. I groaned.

"Oh! Did you hurt yourself? I'm really sorry." I looked up and hearing the raspy yet familiar voice.

And when I did, I found a pair of hazel orbs staring back at me, intently and concerned. I felt a hand on my waist, helping me regain balance. And there he was.... The one I managed to avoid... Justin.

"N-No." I stuttered. "It's f-fine."
"Thank goodness." Justin sighed with relief. "Anyway, I remember what happened this morning."

I froze. Oh Lord.

"Uh..." I cleared my throat, not knowing how to respond and what to say.
"I'm sorry. I really didn't realise what I was up to." He apologised, looking down in embarrassment. "But I really did mean it when I said I still loved you."

And that's when my breath hitched.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-