Chapter 5- One Last Time

If you were ever granted the opportunity to replay a particular moment once again, what would it be? Would it be the good moments, to feel how happiness is like one last time or would it be the bad times, to realise who was really there for you and who was not? Whatever it might be, it would surely make you realise that 'in your good times, everyone is there to enjoy but when your broke, people run away, forgetting that you had a position in their life.'

I woke up this morning after I heard my cellphone ring, but it just turned out to be a wrong number.

As per what my bedside alarm clock showed, it was about half past three in the morning, meaning that it was still dark outside. I, in an attempt to fall asleep, closed my eyes shut but just tossed and turned in the bed, unable to sleep.

So now, I'm left here all alone on my bed, unable to fall asleep because of ridiculous wrong numbered phone call. Great. Just great.

Frustrated, I decided to take a shower to relax myself. And so, I stepped out my bed and a shiver ran down my spine after my feet came in contact with the cold floor. Sighing, I walked into the bathroom and stripped out my clothes. Slowly stepping onto the shower, I felt my muscles relax after the hot water ran down my back. I moaned as I massaged my shoulders. Turning off the shower, I massaged some body wash over my skin, feeling goosebumps rise once the cold, soapy liquid came in contact with my skin. Once done, I again turned on the shower, rinsed and in the matter of a few minutes, I was out the shower, feeling fresh and clean.

I rummaged my drawers and decided upon a simple white tee and sweatpants. Tying my hair in a messy bun, I got hold of my headphones, put them on and tiptoed out my room as everyone was still asleep and the lights were switched off. Walking into the kitchen, I switched on the light and decided to make myself breakfast. And what could be more desirable than pancakes and maple syrup.

As I found the ingredients necessary for pancakes, I listened to some music. And so, in the matter of a few minutes I was ready to eat my pancakes.

Just as I was about to take a bite, a raspy voice called out from behind. "You wouldn't mind a Canadian for company, would you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. Justin.

He was shirtless, only in a pair of sweatpants and his hair was messed up. Shit.

"It's you." I glared at him. It was hard to not drool over him.
"Why the glare?" He smirked and walked over to me. Why was he acting so different?
"Don't expect me to give you a smile, anyway." I rolled my eyes. He smiled.

God.... I missed that smile.

"What are you doing her? Aren't you suppose to be in your now-abandoned home?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
"Your parents insisted." He smirked, walking.

He walked closer and closer, until there were just a few inches left between us. I placed a hand on his bare chest. "Step back, Mister."

"I missed you." He's sudden outcome shocked me. Missed me?
"So, isn't Hailey-"
"Don't talk about her." He snapped. "She disgusts me."

I gasped.

"B-But you are her fiancé." I stated, making him sigh.
"She is nothing like you, baby." He wrapped his arms around my waist, making me furrow my eyebrows.

Something is indeed wrong.

"I love you. Only you." He leaned in.