Chapter 10- Problems

A few weeks later....

The loud Hawaiian music played in the background as I put on my sunglasses and laid my head back against the relaxing beach chair. The sound of people chitchatting and laughing aligned with the sound of the calming ocean waves was more than inviting. I grabbed my watermelon drink and sipped into it, savouring every single drop of it.

If you were wondering, currently, I was in Hawaii.

Yes. You might say- 'Weren't you supposed to be in the Maldives?'

Well, I just had a sudden change of plan a few days ago.

"May I serve you any other drinks, M'lady?" I pulled off my sunglasses and glanced at the young man, looking at me, amused. But I didn't get a look of him. I didn't want to.
"You don't work here." I pointed out.
"How'd you know?" He smirked and sat next to me.
"Because you are wearing Brazilian shorts and-" I put my glasses on. "You have a thick Brazilian accent. They hire only Hawaiian."

A sudden applause from him surprised me. "Your well informed of this area. I could surely use some company."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Bro, just shoo off."

"Yet I don't understand why I'm considered as a fly."
"Because your just annoying everyone, buzzing some crap."
"Bitter. I like it." I imagined him not removing that smirk off his face and laying back.

"Alec! Stop annoying her." I quickly looked up to find a young girl, probably the same age as mine, walk up to me. "I'm so sorry, miss. It's just that my brother was born cocky-"
"-And hot!" He interrupted her.

I smiled.

"Alec! Wait till we get home and I complain to mom about how you have started flirting on strangers."
"But we're no strangers. We know each other better than anyone."

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled of my sunglasses. And that's when I got a good look of that guy.
"Y-You?" I pointed a finger at him. "The annoying, little brat named Jonathan!"

It was the same guy I had met in the café a few weeks back. How'd his name change to Alec?

"When did you become Alec?" I asked.
"From birth." He leaned over.
"Then why did you call yourself Jonathan in the cafeteria?!"
"You ask many questions, baby." He smirked. "The name's Alec Jonathan Williamson."
"Not Brazilian at all." I rolled my eyes.
"Our mum's a Brazilian. She's taught it all to us." He winked at 'who-seems-to-be-his-sister.

"My name's Elena. Elena Williamson." She pulled out a hand and I happily shook it. "Your cool. I'd totally ship you with Alec."

My eyes widened. "D-Does joking run in the family?" I laughed awkwardly.

"No. I'm serious!" She chirped, cheerfully.
"Proud of you younger sister." Alec proudly put a hand around Elena's shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, adjusting my summer gown. I don't wear bikinis.

"Well, what's your name?" Elena asked.
"Cassandra. But you can call me Cassie, only selected people can do so." I glared at Alec while saying the end of my sentence. Alec chuckled.
"I'd be calling you 'wifey' in the future." He winked at me.
"Please keep your statements to yourself." I snapped, grabbed my drink and walked away.

"Cassie! Wait! Wait up!" I looked around to find Elena run up to me. "Hey, we're having a party in the evening, right there. Would you please join us?"
She pointed to the big party, sort-of, setup.

I was uncertain but I didn't want to disappoint her. "Um... Ok."

"Yay!" She screamed and frolicked away.

Hopefully I don't regret going there.