Chapter 1- Same Old Day

I held the pen in between my sloppy fingers while staring blankly at a fresh, ruled page of the writing pad I owned. My mind went blank- it's like as if all other times, plans for my future would pop up in my head but when I took the decision to write them down or when I needed them the most, they just disappear.

I bit my lip, reading the title all over again- 'Budget plans for 2016'. Taking deep breaths, I tapped the tip of the pen against the book, trying to regain my memory.

"Writing was never your thing." A raspy yet familiar voice called out, startling me. I looked around to see a pair of light grey eyes staring back at me.
"Henry! You scared me." I sighed, rolling my eyes at my younger brother, Henry King.
"Whatcha doing, sis?" He chirped and leaned back at the table.
"As you can see."

"Aha! As I said, 'writing was never your thing'." He smirked.
"Henry, please! Everyone knows that I write better than you. I used to be the topper in essay writing classes." I smiled, thinking about the good old times.
"Yeah, I can see. Topper from the bottom." He laughed as I sighed.
"If your done ruining my self-esteem, pretending that it wasn't already, can you leave?"

"Oh. I was planning to visit 'Chipotle' with ya'!" He sighed and then I watched him leave.

'Okay, that was dumb, if he really did care about my appetite then he should have gone to the point.' I thought.
'Your pretending as if you already didn't know that he had plans of you paying for lunch.' My subconscious rolled her eyes as I nodded mentally.

As I looked back at the crisp, new page, my cellphone rang, making me run to get it.

"King speaking." I said monotonously.
"Cassey, where are you?!" I pulled the phone away from my ears, in an attempt to not lose my hearing.
"Mom, calm down. What's wrong?" I sighed.
"What wrong?! Is that what your really asking me? Cassandra King, tonight is the get together." My eyes widened.
"Already? I'll be home, ma."
"You better be, miss."

I disconnected the call.

Being the daughter of business tycoon, James King isn't easy. You have to deal with the frantic life business management offers but also know how to count the bunches of money lying In your bank account, pretending as if people aren't doing that for you already. Sometimes I wonder how things would be like if I was never used to seeing skyscrapers, expensive cars and money. I'd be a different person by then.

But right now, I need to be somewhere else,

I dropped the phone in my handbag, along with some other important files. And soon, I was in the drivers seat of my car. Through the rush on the roads, I made my way to my house- or should I say mansion.

I was greeted by the security guards and made my through the grand front door. As I stepped in, my eyes searched for mom, in the think crowd. Just as my eyes caught mom, she smiled at me and called me towards her. I was greeted by guests as I made my way to her.

As I went up and stood next to my parents, I realised to whom they were busy talking to- The Bieber's. My breath hitched. Pattie Bieber and her husband, Jeremy Bieber had been standing there, smiling at me. I somehow managed to smile.

Please don't let him be here. Please.

I grasped the hem of my button up shirt as my eyes searched for his presence in the living room.

"Cassandra, dear, what's wrong?" Pattie asked as I looked back at her kind face with a warm smile.
"Nothing, Mrs.Bieber. How do you do?" I asked, trying to distract her.
"I'm perfectly fine, dear."