Chapter One

You slam the door lazily, not caring if it closed tightly or not. Groaning as you slump onto the couch, your phone buzzes with the familiar name, "Jace". Rolling your eyes, you unlock your phone quickly and open the text.

"Hey babe, can I call a rain check on our 6:30? My mom just called me to tell me that she's home and..."

That's when you throw your phone to the other side of the couch, where it bounces onto the floor. Burying your face in your hands, you manage to make a strangled sob.

It had been obvious that Jace had been cheating on you for the past few weeks. And you had already cried at least twice about it. The excuses, always skipping out on dates. The signs were all there, yet you would still deny it. It wasn't clear until the last date, when he went to the bathroom and left his phone on the table. It began to ring, so your only instinct was to see.

What you saw wasn't very faithful, or pretty. The number was unknown, so you declined it, but then once you had done so, a text had quickly responded. After getting into his phone, you find very 'inappropriate' messages between him and the same number. The last message still hung to dry in your head.

"We're still on tonight, right? After you drop that skunk bag off?"

Thinking back to it made your stomach upset. You groggily stand up and run to the kitchen, to grab the pepto bismol, but the open section of the discarded newspaper catches your eye. A large picture, printed in black and white, of a familiar face.

Oh, it wasn't a human face! No, it was the face of Freddy Fazbear, basking in his glory, a mechanical smile plastered on his face. He had turned less plastic, and softer looking (although he still had the look of a robot.)

In bold letters, it read "NOW HIRING".

You could've screamed. Small pieces of childhood memories flooded your head, of course all of them relatively happy, except the one time you conked your head off of the table.

And you were devastated when the place had burned down. But this was a second chance. A chance of redeeming your childhood. And you weren't going to pass it up.

~

Your fingers fly across the number pad, dialing the number professionally fast. A tinge of happiness struck you, as you get a dumb smile on your face, hearing a monotone voice answer the line and the first thing it chirped out was "Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, our hours are from 10 AM to 10 PM." Even if it was stupid to get over something so simple, you didn't care, as you scheduled for an interview tomorrow morning.

Giddily, you run upstairs and fall onto your bed, high hopes for tomorrow and forgetting about the Jace incident.