Chapter 4

Chapter 4---Day 2          

After school the next day, Lizzie took her time walking home, saying she had three hours till she promised to be at the pizza joint. She let herself in through the back door and hurried into the kitchen, where she gulped down a bottle of blood. She quickly washed the dishes before flying up the stairs. She hopped in the shower and slowly washed her hair, detangling it as she did. She enjoyed the warmth of the water as it tickled her scalp.           

She got out after the water turned cold and wrapped a towel around herself before going into her bedroom. She searched her closet till she found a white tank top, a blue loose top, and gray jeans. She easily pulled them on; then she turned to her mirror and whispered, “Vhow Vhy Vrue Velf.” She smiled at her reflection before doing her hair up in a tight bun with two chopsticks in the top. She spun before snapping her fingers and her reflection disappeared.           

She walked down the stairs and turned into the living room, planning on wasting an hour watching TV. She stopped short, when she caught sight of a silver hair boy. He turned to face her and a smile crossed both of their faces. “Matt! What you doing here?” she cheered as he stood and she ran into his arms.           

“I came to see my favorite princess,” he said as he hugged her tight. He let go of her and took her hand; then he brought it to his lips and kissed it. “O! I have missed you, princess.”           

“Matt,” she giggled as she moved over to the couch and sat down. “I have missed you too. How is the Queen?”           

“Haven’t seen her for a long time. She doesn’t call on me and I prefer not to bother her,” he sighed as he put his arm around her and she leaned against his chest. “So my princess, what have you been up to?”           

“You know. Pretending to be normal, going to school, and hanging with people,” she answered as she looked up at his face. She enjoyed his smile and she saw his fangs appear. “You’re thirsty?” she laughed as she squeezed him quickly.           

“Just a little,” he chuckled; so she got out of his grip and started out of the room. “Lizzie? Where you going?”           

“The kitchen,” she replied as she flashed a smile; then she sprinted into the kitchen, grabbed two bottles and ran back. She held one out and he happily took it. “Not the same as hunting, but I kind of have to keep hidden.”           

“It’s fine,” he mumbled before sipping it. “But it’s not what I had in mind, my princess.” He put down his bottle and took hers. He quickly placed it beside his before saying, “Come here, baby.” She stepped in closer and he put his hands on her face. He kissed her gently; then he pulled back with a huge grin plastered on his face. “I have been waiting a long time to do that, babe.”           

“Matt! What would the Queen think, if she knew that you kissed a princess?” Lizzie laughed as she hugged onto him.           

“Who is going to tell her?” he asked before kissing her forehead. “Defiantly not I.” He held her close one more minute; then he released her. He walked over to the door and glanced out; then he sighed, “Darn it! Still sunny!”    

“Well, how did you get here in the first place?” she inquired as she walked to his side.    

“This,” he answered as he pulled on a huge black cloak, that covered almost every inch.           

“Well, be careful Matt,” she ordered as she hugged him again.           

“I always am, my princess. Till I see you again,” he chuckled as he kissed her hand; then he ran out the door.