Meeting her

" hey guys, my name's Amy. I studied in SJK(C) Damansara in back in my primary school." I heard her say.

"Next," our english teacher said.

"hey guys, my name's..."

So that's why she looked so familiar. We used to go to the same primary school. It was the first day of secondary school, and we were introducing ourselves to the class and the teacher one by one. I was lost in my thoughts until my friend nudged me.

" Hey, It's gonna be our turn soon. You ready?" he whispered.

"Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be." I mumbled.

"Next," the teacher said again.

" Hey guys, my name's Alex. I used to study in SJK(C) Damansara back in my primary school. My ambition is to be a musician and my hobby is playing the drums though i wanna learn to play the guitar." I said, announcing to the class.

Just then, the bell rang, and we were dismissed.

"Well," i thought " it's either now or never."

I walked towards her before she could leave for recess.

"Hey,' I said, trying to sound calm. my heart was beating a million times a second, but i didn't know why. " Your name's Amy right?"

" Yeah, it is," she replied.

"Hi, name's Alex. You're a Damansarian too?" I asked.

"Yeah, kind of. I studied there, but I took my UPSR exam in another school." She replied.

"Oh," I said." met any new friends here?"

"Not many, I kinda sat farther away from everyone else during the orientation." she said.

" Yeah, I noticed." I replied.

" Hey, I gotta go. Talk to you later??" she said.

" yeah sure," I replied. "Bye."

"Bye," she said, running off to talk to one of her old friends from our primary school.