☽ Every Part of Me, Every Part of You ☾

The Town

Armed with Krul, my plan, and Yoichi, I managed to get Mirai back to normal. As she fell, I heaved a sigh of relief as Krul caught her, clutching her close as she walked lithely over to me. 

"You know we can't stay here, right? The humans of this time don't understand what's happening. We, completely innocent, will be judged as the perpetrators of this mass murder." She said, giving me my sister. I held her close, brushing her hair and holding onto her life a lifeline until Krul's words caught up to me. 

"I understand. We need to loot for things before we set off though." I tell her, I turn to gather up the Squad, but stop short. "Do you.... need our blood?" I ask, and she laughs suddenly. 

"Ah, human. I talk as if I am still vampire. No, I died only a handful of years after you all. I am human, but have vampiric power." She explains, looking strangely regretful Something in her eyes tells me she wants to take something back, but I can't tell what it is. I give her one last look before going over to where Yoichi, Mitsuba, and Shinoa stand. 

"Is that who I think it is, Kimizuki-san?" Shinoa asks with obvious distaste in her almost neutral tone. I nod.

"That is Krul Tepes, but she's human, apparently. She says we need to leave, and we all know that." I explain, and we all galnce over at her before I continue, "We should move out as soon as possible, so, everyone, we should probably move out in an hour. Shinoa, what do you think?" 

"I think it's a good plan. Is she going to tag along?" Shinoa asks, motioning to Krul. I nod.

"We need her if we're going to find Yuu or anyone else." I remind them, and they all look guilty, remembering how Yuu died. He'd died protecting us. All of us, his family.

Guren, Shinya, Krul, me, Shinoa, Mirai, Mitsuba, Yoichi, Narumi, and Mika.

"I miss him." Mistuba says suddenly. We all nod after the initial shock. 

"He always was the knucklehead that kept us going." Shinoa breathed, and the tears threatened to spill, but I shook them off.

"Alright, enough reminicsing. We need to move." I order, and we all scatter, them towards their houses and me towards Krul. I walk over slowly, and she looks over grinning. 

"So in an hour, eh?" She asks, and I nod firmly. I don't know how she heard that, but hey, if she has her strength, maybe she has her hearing. She runs off, and for whatever reason, I believe she'll come back. I don't know why, but I bet it has something to do with Mika. I run off too, heading for my house.

On the way there, surprisingly, I see corpses lining the streets, still fresh. Soon, I spot the reason why. A Four Horsemen of John. I curse, running towards the back way to avoid it. I soon hear screams of terror, and that, I can not take. I set Mirai down in a slightly ajar garage, and then run off, satisfied with her safety, I hope she doesn't wake up without me. 

I quickly run over and take care of the Horsemen, too late for the screaming people, but I have stopped it's rampage, and that's enough for me. I gather Mirai and start once again to my house. This time, there are no incidents, and I gather everything I need from my house, plus some new clothes for Mirai, as that white dress won't be enough for the journey ahead. I glance again at her sleeping form in my arms as I head back to where we were. I just hope someone is doing the same with Yuu.

The City

I woke to the sun rising, shining it's renewed soft light on me. I smiled. This was one of the few joys that I had left after Yuu had sacrificed himself. I winced, remembering he had given everything up so the rest of us could have a chance to survive. In the end, he lost out, but he did what he was aiming to do. He saved us, and for that, I would never hurt any of the people Yuu saved. 

I glanced down street at the mostly gone salt, and grimaced. Yeah, they would never find any bodies. One day though, they might end up eating their loved ones unintentionally. I hated that thought, and cursed myself for having it. I glanced over to where Yuu had been when I went to sleep, but he wasn't there. I immediately panicked, Asuramaru was gone as well. 

 The White Room

"Mirai?"

"Yuu-nii?" 

We both looked at each other confused as hell.

"You died!" She sputtered, throwing her arms up in confusion.

"I died?!" I yelled at the same time, my face immediately dropping.

"You died!" She repeated, turning around and exaggerating each syllable of 'died'.

"Well thanks so much for the explanation." I mumured as she turned back to me. She huffed, sitting cross legged on the expanse of white space I'd just noticed we were in. 

"Alright, so everybody's dead by now. I was given the information that it's hundreds of years in the future. The humans have broken the taboo again, somehow, and us, the only active seraphs at the time of our deaths, must now punish them. We are not in control of our bodies, and must watch."

"Really? Even Mika?" I ask, my throat constricting. She shakes her head.

"They could not find information on him." Mirai says, meeting my eyes. I nod. 

"So we must punish, eh?" I ask, my voice sounding defalted and broken. 

"No, they punish. All we can do is watch."

And so we do.