☽ There's A Voice In My Head ☾

"Can't we go any faster?!" She begs, knowing that every second spent on this road could cost them a valuable ally. 

"Not without drawing attention to ourselves." Kimizuki mutters, feeling the same thing his sister is. 

"Just floor it, kid. I'm part of the FBI, and I can just say I have a lead that's very important." Guren says through the connection Mirai has established between the group. Guren floors it, taking off in front of their SUV, with the car Krul's driving close behind. Kimizuki floors it as soon as it's safe to. Mirai scrunched her eyes together, she's getting a signal, a ping on her radar, if you will. It's the familiar light of someone she knew then. Maybe for less time than everyone else, because the light is almost non-existent. 

"THAT EXIT!" She alerts them, and they swing into the lane she's dictated. In the next second she senses something that she should've sensed earlier. "A little faster." She urges, voice containing the urgency of her instruction. They barely have enough time to brace when the Horsemen crashes into the cement wall next to the cars. The cars come to a stop.

"Whose taking care of it?" Krul's voice comes through the 'radio'. Mirai knows who is best equipped to take this horsemen, but she's reluctant to voice her plan. She does anyway, with a steady breath and a gentle smile.

"Kimizuki should." After all, he's the one who'll be the most careful and his dual swords should be more than enough to fatally injure the giant. Kimizuki nods, before opening the door closest to him. He summons his swords as soon as the door closes, and takes off, intent on killing the horsemen swiftly, which he does in three graceful strokes of his green and black swords. 

Mirai feels a prick at her mind, as if something is trying to get through to her, but it's gone in the next instance. It renews her sense of urgency, and she pushes that feeling into everyone. Along with this newfound emotion, she pushes the instructions she knows so well. 

They take off as soon as Kimizuki enters the SUV, not even waiting for the door to slide shut. She shuts her eyes tight, praying to whatever is on their side to be able to get there in time for her precious friend. 

~

"Yuu-chan?!" Yuu remembers hearing that before he passed out. He knows it was Mika, but the voice was far to faint to make out the gender, much less the distinctive voice. Yuu sighs, and he can feel the black chains tightening their hold on him, as if a sigh will release him. As far as he knows, a sigh won't even give him any form of an advantage. 

"Demon!" He winces as the figure of his mother forms. She's holding a knife. Nice touch, he congratulates the prison holding him now. She brings the knife down, effectively ending her life. 

"And wasn't that just the darnedest true thing that anybody ever wished could be false?" He mutters, closing his eyes. He's honestly so tired of all of this. 

"You are a weapon, nothing more, and it is time to refine you." The booming of many voices that he instantly recognizes as Them ring out, and he shrinks back. That's what They said when he died. He couldn't agree with them more. 

I am a just a weapon. A means to achieve an end. I am fated to be used, and eventually broken. Such is the nature of weapons. 

The world will not end in fire, or in ice, but with the wrath of gods and the weapons they wield.

~

Mika didn't know what to do. He'd been worriedly holding an unconscious Yuu for nearly two hours now, and now several cars were approaching rapidly. Mika wished he had Yuu there to tell him what the hell was gong on.