☽ You're Everything I Need, Everything I'm Not ☾

"Guren!" Yoichi shouts from his place on top of the rest stop's bathroom building. Shinoa had directed him to be there as part of her plan in case the 'important thing' was actually against them. But, it was Guren, so that technically was rendered useless, so Yoichi jumped down, rushing to Guren. 

"Aren't you going to ask what happened to me?" Guren asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Hey, Guren." Shinya's silky voice invaded the conversation since he had crept up to the space right behind Guren.

"Hello, Shinya." Guren's voice was softer than it had ever been, filled with remorse.

"Oh, it's okay. You found us."

"Hello! Isn't anyone going to introduce me?" Mirai interrupted, but she didn't really sound annoyed, just happy at the way everyone's moral had boosted since seeing Guren. She knew it would boost even more once they found Yuu and Mika.

"Mirai, did he get there okay?"

"Yes, Yuu. He did, thanks for giving me the heads up."

"It was the least I could do until I get there."

Mirai smiled, content at her world for the moment. She watched Shinoa run teary eyed into Guren's arms and Krul smile softly where she was leaning against the rest stop's wall. Mistuba was smiling happily, ready to comfort Shinoa any second now, and Yoichi had a tear or two. Her brother was giving a real smile for once, and for that, she was grateful.

She, however, knew what they would have to face. The gods do not go down so easily.

~

"You did the thing again." The blonde chided, picking his way through the underbrush next to a somewhat used road. He did not want for the raven to be found so easily, and so he had asked that they travel near a road, not on one.

"Did not."

"Did too." Mika teased, catching up with the protesting teen. 

"Fine, I was talking with her again." Yuu admitted sheepishly, having been caught in the act again.

"Who?" Mika asked, surprised that Yuu admitted to what he was actually doing.

"Don't sound so surprised. It's time you knew." Yuu replied, pushing a branch out of his path. His brows were furrowed in concentration. 

"About what?" Mika didn't sound as surprised this time.

"I talk with Mirai a lot. She's here, and she has people with her." Yuu explained, not looking at Mika.

"You mean that little Seraph girl?" Mika questioned, since he was unsure as to who exactly Yuu was talking about. It had been centuries, after all.

"Yeah. But we've made a deal to meet somewhere. We weren't the last round sent by Them, Mika." Yuu's voice has dropped an octave now, his tone turning dead serious.

"Them?" Mika's scared now. Yuu's never mentioned a 'them', before.

"Them, I don't know how to describe Them. But they are far more powerful than anything here." Yuu says, his voice getting softer. Mika can hear his breath getting irregular.

"Are you okay, Yuu-chan?" Mika asks, quickening his pace until he's directly in front of Yuu.

"No, I'm afraid not." And he promptly falls into the blonde's surprised arms.