☽ Left Me Right Here In My Chains ☾

"So that's the plan?" Guren mutters, clearly not believing it was the best.

"Yes. Do you have a better one?" Mirai smiles, looking Guren straight in the eyes. She knows how to hold her ground. After all, she did once have to stare Kureto in the face every day. Him, Aoi, and Tenrii. She hates the mean Hiiragi's. She's decided that Shinya and Shinoa are chill though.

"Now that you put it that way, kid, can't say that I do." Guren responds begrudgingly, and everyone moves into their own corners of the room. Mirai decides to count the people in the room to keep the Voices from growing louder. They do that when she's alone and has no one to talk to. Shinya, Shinoa, Mitsuba, Yoichi, Kimizuki, Guren, Krul, and herself. 

"Mirai?" She can hear another voice in her head, but this time, she doesn't block it out. She'll always welcome this voice. But his is urgent, demanding her attention. Now.

"Yes. I am here." She responds immediately, already moving off the bed and outside. Her brother gives her a worried look, but she puts a finger to her lip, assuring him everything is fine. For now, at least. She wants him to rest.

"They made me blackout. I don't know what's happening. I need you to get to Mika now. Please." Yuu's voice fades until she almost can't hear it. She knows it's true, that's he's blacked out by the way his Power voice fades in her mind. She winces. She reaches out with her powers and pulls, pulls until they snag on two separate points, separated by mere inches, no centimeters. 

She runs back in, the pit in her stomach getting deeper with each second that passes.

~

I know I can't reach Mirai any more as soon as I feel the snap, like the thread that somehow connected us has been forcibly cut. I know I have my eyes open, but I'm not in my body. I'm Here again, where I was for what Mika tells me was years. I hope I'm not gone for that long this time. But time is a fluid thing here, and you can never tell how long has passed. I try moving, but find it useless. 

I find that I am being held down by chains, large and black and cold. They hold me down and when I try to move they only get tired. They don't make it hard to breathe, after all, this isn't my body.  If anything, this is just a cage that the Seraph forces my conscious into every time it shows itself. Only one gets to control my body, after all. I wish I had Asuramaru to keep me company here, but this is misery for one, and so I suffer it alone. 

I know that when I come back, if I come back, things will have changed. It's up to Mirai and time to ensure that the change is good.

~

"Everyone! Pack up! Now! Our friend is in danger!" Mirai exclaims as soon as the door is somewhat open. As long as they can hear her. They look at her for a moment, but she has no time for this. He has no time for this. And she has to get there. She has to. He saved her once, allowing her to live a long life, but at the cost of his. So she pushes and pushes with all her might and everyone gasps, their eyes going unfocused as they focus on what she has just heard from him.

And in seconds, they're packing, running around manically. 

"What the hell, Mirai! You didn't tell me that you'd been speaking to Yuu!"