Look at you smoking in them neon lights.

I hate Mondays. I really, really hate Mondays. And not just because I had a litte hungover from last night. There's something in Mondays that makes me want to tear my fucking hair out.

It was 11 am and I was sitting on a bar stool at the bar drinking my third cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette. No guests. It wasn't surprising, normal people were working or sleeping. Lucky bastards.

Suddenly the front door opened, and a familiar face entered the room.

"Reedus! What brings you here?" Shit. I sounded too excited. He smiled and walked closer.

"I realised, I never got your name..." He was embarrassed again. God, I would think a man like him is confident.

"Come on, Reedus! You wouldn't come across the city just to ask my name."  I said as I lit on an other cigarette. He looked into my eyes, lit on a cigarette too.

"You're right...I also wanted to apologize for the other night.." His raspy voice filled the room.

"I don't think it's your duty to do it, and not for me..but..apology accepted."  I didn't want to be rude by saying, his bitchy lady should say sorry for her shitty comment.

"So did I earned your name, miss?" He seemed more relived.

"I guess so. I'm Lana Laroche." I took my hands out to shake his. "It's nice to meet you Reedus..again."

"You can call me Norman."

"Naah, I like Reedus better."  He started laughing, and took a seat next to me.

"So Lana Laroche. Is it french?"

"Yeah...My dad was french. He was born in Paris, but he moved to the States to be a photographer."

"Wait a minute..You're the daughter of Philip Laroche??" I nodded. "THE Philip Laroche?" I nodded again a bit confused. " Damn, I really love his work! He was a great artist."

"Yes, he was the greatest." It was a long time ago, but still it always makes me sad. He was, not he is.

"I'm sorry." I looked into his eyes. There were no pity at all, just understanding. "I lost my father too...I know how it feels." He was being so nice, but I couldn't let my walls down.

"Sorry for your loss, but I really don't want to talk about it."

"It's okay..I get it..I should go then.." He started to walk away, but a part of me wanted him to stay.

"You can stay!" Jesus, I should stop screaming at people. But it worked, he turned around, and looked at me shyly. "You seem like a nice guy, Reedus...But there are things I don't want to talk about." He nodded, sent me a smile, and sat back on his previous spot. "Do you want a coffee? I make the best in the neighborhood."

"Then I must drink one, Laroche." That smile he gave me made me feel relaxed. Maybe it can be a start of a friendship.

We talked for hours. About random things. Art, music, his acting career, about my friends, specially Cassie, about his friends, my years at the university, his son and our passion for motorcycles.

It was already 4 pm when we realized how much time we spent talking. Reedus had to leave, because his girlfriend called him.

"It was fun! We should do this again...I mean, only if you want to." The way he talked was so funny. He made me laugh so easily.

"Sure, Reedus, I had a great time with you. But next time you'll have to inform me, before you just show up." I wrote my number on a piece of paper and handed it to him. He took it gladly, and said he would call me in a couple days.

I waved him a last goodbye as he walked out the door. We've only met twice, but it felt like we've been friends for years. Oh no, Lana! Stop living in your own world! You can't say the word 'friend' to a random guy who don't even know you. Although I tried to tell myself not to be stupid, and don't waste my time waiting for his call. He stuck in my mind.

But what exactly I was afraid of? He had a girlfriend, I quit dating. We had a nice couple hours together. That's all. No big deal. And then I realized. My fear.

My fear from friendship. If he'd become my friend, sooner or later I'd have to tell him about my past. About Manhattan. About Nebraska. About Vegas. Fuck. Me.

Still, I had the urge to see him...again.