5. The Stupid Party

I slept good the rest of the night, eager for the next chance I get to test my theory. My dad had written the instructions and research in a language he'd made up with the only one he'd ever love. But he never got the chance to tell her his secret.

I got ready for school, happy I didn't sleep in. It was 7:30am so my mom was about to leave for work. I got in the car with her for a ride to school. We were almost there when she started signalling right.

"No no don't turn I'm not walking with Trevor today, were kind of, fighting," I told her.

"But you two never fight, alright straight to school it is," she obliged.

As soon as I set foot in the halls, I immediately scanned the school for my friends. Come on at least one of them has to be here.

I walked to my locker and luckily enough, Madeleine was there putting her things in her locker. I walked up to her.

"Hey I'm gonna need to walk with you guys this morning I'm fighting with Trevor," I said.

"What? You guys never-"

"I know I know. He's just not giving me any freedom. I think I'm gonna have a party tonight just to show him I'm a big girl," I told her.

"Uhhh," she stared at me in shock. "You? Have a party? Way to kick those goody two shoes off!" She laughed.

"Just tell people, okay? I'll have it tonight. Everyone can just chill in my backyard it would be fun," I explained.

So I went through school like usual. I sit next to Trevor in art class which was a little awkward so I just moved next to Ireland. It was Friday night and Emily had dance which was perfect to have everyone over. Throughout the day I told more people and everyone was actually surprisingly excited.

I got home and got some pop and snacks and put them all on the table. I hooked the back door so it would stay open and I locked all the upstairs rooms. Don't want any hanky panky.

Later on people started coming. I was surprised at how many showed up. It was mostly guys, and ended up being pretty fun! There were like 10 people on my trampoline at once. In the middle of the party, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Stephanie?! What the hell are you doing?" Trevor yelled at me, which he never does. I don't know what came over me but I just got so infuriated but I was also so pumped that all these people were here and talking to me, I'd never felt so cool and had so much fun. I walked over to a random guy I'd never seen before.

"Whatever I want," and I grabbed the boys waist to pull him close to me, and kissed him. Hard. Right there. Trevor just stood in shock. The random guy just threw his hands up in the air and screamed, "Yeeaaahhhh!"

I saw the tears in his eyes as he turned and walked away from me. Then my heart sank into my stomach. What. Did. I. Just. Do. I just fricken broke his heart didn't I? What is wrong with me?! I couldn't go after him I just hurt him so bad. So I ran up into my room and shut my door behind me. I fell onto the floor and started balling.

What is wrong with me?! I have never acted like this! Do I just think I'm better than him now that I have all these people over? What kind of idiot am I. I scolded myself.

I felt a draft and realized my window was open. I walked up sadly to close it when I heard yelling and a lot of ruckus. I peered out my window to see a figure on the ground, with many people crowding around. What's going on now?

I hurried downstairs and outside. I pushed through the ground and saw Tristan being hit and pushed around.

"Hey! Stop! What are you doing stop!" I was pulling people away from him and telling them to stop. Some guy was laying on the ground and called me a bitch. When I got Tristan alone he glared at me.

"Thanks a lot Stephanie. I can fight my own battles. Now everyone's gonna think I'm a pussy and that I need a girl to stand up for me. Just leave me alone," he told me off. I stood back in shock.

"I'm sorry I was just trying to help," I took his hand and helped him up. "Let me walk you home or something?" I offered.

"No I can do that alone too believe it or not," he sassed me and walked away. By this point, most of the party was gone.

Great. Now the two people I care most about both hate me all because I acted like a complete idiot. I didn't have to do that. I shouldn't have had that stupid party.