Twenty-Three

[A/N: Please keep playing the song as you read this chapter. It's Sad Song by We The Kings feat. Elena Coats. Thank you! ^_^ 😘

"And lastly, I... I'd love to thank the man who's... who's been behind me all this time..." she's sobbing. "I'm sorry if I kept this a secret for so long... But now, I'm ready."

Strange that it's her speaking up what I demanded her to do for about a couple of years already, and yet, here I am... not feeling a thing. I never thought she'd ever have the strength to do this. Never in those two long years.

And I'm beginning to regret I ever demanded her to do such a thing.

"For being my life, my happiness.. My sunshine..."

I breathed and closed my eyes as I laid back on my backseat. I wear shades most of the time when I watch her concerts because I'd end up either sleeping or playing games on my phone. I don't want her to see I get bored with her piano and cello performances...

But don't take it that way. I have nothing against her, and I know that somehow, I love this girl. No, I love this woman. Yes, I love her. Sorry. No, yeah I love you... I love her. Yes.

"...Vice?"

I opened my eyes seeing her cry as she smiles. She's holding her microphone up and her, standing there appears like some trophy I just won that I'd have to come upstage to pick and then no questions asked -- she's definitely mine.

"I'm sorry for all my lapses, Baby. I love you." She says, crying.

Everyone around us watched in awe. Who would expect that a classical lady like her would be this sneaky little girl hiding and playing with a badass rockstar like me?

She holds concerts in majestic halls and grand opera houses.

I hold my concerts best in open grounds.

She uses a bow and crouches down to beautifully play her cello, her harp.. and her piano most of the time. She's like an angel when she does so.

I slam drums and burn guitars upstage and the darker the aura, the better it feels. Term me an angel if I'm fallen. Spell it in a single word, a demon. Her tamed fiend, her hidden beast.

But the best thing about it is that no matter the difference, her family knows me, loves me and respects me just as much as she does – making me feel guilty on my part. Like I don't deserve her... Because yeah... I actually think I don't. Considering how I spent my most recent stop in the Philippines. It was just like... everything came back and Shania just got lost in the scene.

Haha... Apparently not. 'Cause K had just coincidentally named herself Shania.

I just wonder what could have happened if she said yes, the last time I asked her. What if she actually went with me? How would this Shania right in front of me be? Right, I gave her an ultimatum last time. I asked her to prove me that she's really not ashamed of me because I've been there once in my life.

                    ...Or twice?