The Duck and The Cat

Diane knelt down next to the well, trying to get a bucket of water, so she could make dinner tonight. When someone laughed throwing a egg right at her head.
"What's the matter ugly duckling you gonna cry?" The boy asked with a sickening laugh and Diane sighed.

"I am sorry I will hurry so I am not in your way." She whispered softly and he just snorted. He threw another egg and Diane closed her eyes waiting for impact when she felt a whoosh. She opened her eyes to see a girl with bright pink hair and clothes holding the egg in her hand.

"I think you dropped something Buddy!" She exclaimed then in one quick motion she threw the egg right at his face.
"Hey!" He spat picking up another one he threw it only to have the girl disappear from view then reappear holding the egg, which she skillfully threw back, the egg hitting him right in the stomach when a couple of his goons tried to throw multiple eggs at her but she dodged and was able to hit them all with the eggs they had thrown until they ran away leaving their leader.

"Knock it off you crazy witch!!" He yelled and she laughed as she hung upside down from the well.
"Not so funny when the egg is on the other foot now is it?" She asked and he scowled grabbing his carton of eggs as he ran off.

Diane jumped when the girl appeared in front of her.
"Hello I am Chelsea Cheshire but you may know me as the Cheshire cat." She winked and Diane smiled faintly.

"It is very nice to meet you I am Diane Duckington but you can call me the ugly duckling if you want." Diane joked feebly and Chelsea frowned thoughtfully.
"No I don't think I will, I can tell you don't like it. " she whispered disappearing and Diane turned seeing her hanging from a tree upside down.

"Well then you can just call me Diane." She offered and Chelsea shook her head then a enormous grin spread across her face.
"Hey what about Ducky, you know since you're sweet and innocent like a cute little duck." She asked and Diane smiled widely.

"Ducky... I love it!" She whispered with a smile and Chelsea winked at her her last words being
"Just keep smiling Ducky!don't let those jerks bully you." Was her departing statement as she disappeared. Diane smiled faintly to herself as she considered the girls words

To Be Continued...
Hey guys I hope you all loved this chapter! I'll try and update soon 😀😃