Mistakes

In the morning light, he looked beautiful. His chiseled figure lying next to me. The gentle undulations of his chest calming my beating heart. It was a mistake to take him in like that. To explore him in that way, to allow him to know me like that. He knew all of me now, my body, my soul.

He stirred, his wide shoulders shifting so that he laid on his side. His arm rustled under the sheets, reaching for my waist. His calloused hand found the crook in my side and he rested it there, sighing happily. I started at him in the pale morning, watching his calm features as he slept. I couldn't help think. I want this everyday. I closed my eyes and accepted the fact that a future with Arian could be possible. It was possible now. It was hard the fathom for me.

As the morning light reached its peak, Arian awoke. Our eyes met and I couldn't help but smiling and giggling a little.

"What?" He whispered, tracing his fingers up my side sending shivers down my spine. "Why are you laughing?" He whispered.

"Nothing, I just never actually thought this would happen." I replied, placing both of my hands under my head.

"But you thought about it?" He whispered, intrigued. He smirked and I felt myself blush. The covers that surrounded us were warm, "don't worry, so did I." He admitted, leaning forwards and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"So, now what?" I asked him, rolling onto my stomach so that I was closer to him. He pulled me in with his muscular arms and held me on his chest. It was soft and fuzzy, like peach fuzz.

"What do you mean?" He spoke as if there was nothing more for us.

"We can't stay here forever, Arian." I said, he hummed.

"Right, we need to find jobs. We need to find a new home."

"How?"

"A lot of hard work." He responded, "but today, can we just be together?" He asked, I moved to look into his misty gray eyes and kissed him gently on the lips. He smiled and flipped me on my back, soon we found the rhythm we discovered in the wee small hours of the morning. When the whole wide world was fast asleep.

***

*Fast Forward Three and a Half Weeks*

***

"I've found a job, Arian!" I yelled as I burst through the door of our tiny refugee apartment. Arian was home, sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor with his legs crisscrossed and his eyes closed.

"That's wonderful, Pilar." He murmured, opening his eyes and looking up at me. I leaned over and kissed his forehead and told him about my opportunity.

"I'm going to be an operator for an east end hangar. You know, like a traffic cop."

"That's wonderful! You used your false identity, I hope?"

"Of course, you are looking at 'Mrs. Evaline Solo, Hangar Operator for the East End Hangar: Level seven, sector 235."

"I like it. The name suits you." He smiled, I made a sort of disgusted face.

"You think? Evaline?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders and stood up from the ground. "What about you, what did you do today?"

"I've been corresponding with the Jedi Council, actually." As he said it, I didn't realize what it really meant.

"Oh,"

"They aren't asking for me to return. I would refuse them. I'm too committed to you."

"Really?"

"Really. Anyway, there has been a slight disturbance in the force. Have you felt anything lately?" He asked, brushing my arm with his hand.

"I felt the force of my rations in my stomach today but no spiritual epiphanies."