Chapter 5

She rubbed her eyes with her palms before she got up. Her feet touched the cold ground as she realized that she stood in a tent.
Fuck...she thought.
It wasn't a dream. She really made a fool of herself when she talked to that Lexa-girl yesterday. She felt uncomfortable while she was talking to her, because somehow she felt an unknown tickle inside of her stomach. A sensation she has never felt before. Not even when she was with her on-off boyfriend Finn. She has known him for about 8 months but at first he had been with Raven . When Clarke met him of one of those typical parties, they ended up flirting and kissing in a room. She knew it was wrong. she even tried to suppress her feelings for him, but after he confessed his love, she couldn't resist another minute. Even though she knew she would breaking her best friend's heart, she dated him and like the fate wanted it to happen, Raven caught them making out in Finn's bedroom a few weeks later. She was more than heartbroken. She was an emotional wreck but she tried to accept the situation because of Clarke who has always been her best friend, even though she deserved much better.
Clarke believed that Finn was the love of her life but he obviously wasn't because she had never felt those butterflies inside her stomach when she was with him.
But she was straight, so why did she feel this discomfort inside her belly, which stole her mind and words?
She shook her head, trying to escape her thoughts and groaned while she laid a hand on her back which ached badly because of the hard ground she slept on.
-
Finally her gaze wandered to the side where the other girl was still deeply asleep. She looked so peaceful and beautiful , even though her hair covered half of her face.
She studied her and imagined her green eyes when suddenly the sleeping beauty in front of her, was making some movements. Clarke shivered and averted her gaze from the girl and decided to make her roost.
She shook out her sleeping bag as she heard some noises behind her.
Without even turning around she knew her roommate was awake.
-
Clarke's POV

"Good morning" I said while I placed my sleeping bag back on the ground, turning to the sleepy beauty.
"It was until I woke up." Lexa groaned groggily , rubbing her eyes.
"Get used to it." I answered, clearly disappointed of her answer.
I expected a "good morning, Clarke." But obviously she was just a grumpy person. Yesterday she seemed nice.
I thought I saw her smile but maybe she was just making fun of me. But since I was a nice person, I tried to talk to her one more time. Maybe she simply wasn't a morning person..
"Did you sleep well?" I asked while she was taking off her shirt. Then she gave me an irritated look.
"Are you trying to make small talk?"She asked obviously amused.
"I.." I couldn't find the words because I wasn't prepared for such an answer.
"Just drop it." She added.
I shrugged my shoulders, still shocked.
"Well, I was just trying to be nice..Yesterday you.." I couldn't even finish my sentence because she interrupted me while she held up her left hand, looking like a commander who was demanding silence.
"Yesterday, you made a fool of yourself and I was being polite, but that doesn't mean we're on good terms. Plus it doesn't mean we're having conversations. Got it?" She said in a bitchy tone. I froze as those words left her lips and stabbed me right in my heart. I couldn't believe how anyone could be possibly this tactless..
It took me a while to regain my self-confidence.
Then I shook my head in disbelief, grabbing some clothes before I left the tent.
I would rather change my clothes behind some poisonous bush or in public, than staying any other minute inside this tent.
How could she talk to me like that when she doesn't even know me?
--
A few days went by and I haven't really been talking to Lexa. It's not that i didn't want to but every time I tried talking to her, she wasn't in a good mood, so I simply kept my mouth shut.
Sometimes I caught her staring at me but then I reminded myself that she was just a bitch who wasn't caring about anyone. When I sat by the fire , talking to Monty or Jasper, I observed her intensively. I noticed that she was barely talking to anyone, only giving short answers when someone started a conversation.
I couldn't understand how such a beauty could be so touchy.. I couldn't understand why she was pushing everyone away that tried to be nice.
I truly believed that everyone needs someone, one can talk to and one they can trust. But Lexa? Lexa was like a hermit crab, sealing herself off from the rest of society and not needing anyone but herself.