I Was Halfway There!

The afternoon shift class has been going on for almost three weeks now. I have to say that it wasn't really bad. Sure that we had to go at midday when everyone was enjoying their lunch but at least the periods were cut down to half the actual time, which gave me a lot more free time at home. Therefore I spent most of my nights reading fanfiction or watching movies until midnight which caused me to waking up late and horrible in the morning because I didn't get enough sleep. I had to cancel my plan to do a cardio run in the morning to burn all those extra fats I got from midnight snacks. Tragically, I never actually did it during holidays.

I was pretty surprised at myself of how in those twenty three days, my progress of moving on from Yale was working pretty well. If I were to put it into percentage, I think it would be about forty seven percent. It's not really that much but hey, everything needs a process. I know it sounded pretty dramatic to just suddenly move on from him but I think it's enough. Enough of waiting for him, enough of wasting time, enough of the daydreams. Besides we never talk to each other and he seemed to be always surrounded by those pretty girls he might possibly had crush on. I would just be that t-shirt girl in Taylor swift's song You Belong With Me compared to them. We were in the different time schedule, Yale was in the morning class. So I haven't seen him for the whole three weeks which really helped me in forgetting him.

That was until I had to reconsider about what I thought three days later. Unlike usual, the road I took to get to school was less busy. I was assuming because it was Friday so everyone was chilling out a little bit since it's almost weekend. I arrived at school ten minutes earlier when the morning shift students had just started coming out of the school gate. This was the second thing I hated the most besides being in awkward situations, that was to walk alone among the crowds of sophomores and seniors. I sighed and started walking past the gate and into the school building, going against the wave of students who I could tell from their faces were looking really relieved that school was finally over.

Among all those faces, spotted in a distance was one with a pair of eyes staring into mine for a moment that lasted the longest among the ones we ever had. It was deep, intense and there was a hint of mystery in it. Damn, why did he always have that kind of effect every time I look into his eyes. Oh just great, now my moving-on percentage has drastically decreased to zero just because of that eye contact. I was totally halfway there! Halfway to forgetting him, halfway to stop caring about him, halfway to starting all over again. Now it's ruined because of his eyes.

We walked pass each other and our eyes were still locked. I felt like I could faint any minutes now. There was just something about his eyes that made it hard for anyone to forget those, including me. A few seconds later, I dared myself to turn my head and looked to the parking lot. I could see Yale was about to shoot off the parking lot. He looked into my direction and we had another eye contacts. Then he put on his helmet and shot off.

"Welcome back, Yale." My mind told itself.