CHAPTER 2

I quickly stopped when I heard Zayn's voice.

I turned around to find Zayn, Liam and Niall in Zayn's convertible car.

"What do you want?" I asked in a muffled voice, now wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"Well, we were just going over to my house, but then, we saw little Marcy in his stupid outfit, weeping like a toddler."

"Why are you crying Marcy, did you get a B on an assignment?"

The boys howled in laughter as I watched them.

Mum was right. I can't let them get to me.

"Stop laughing." I said with a straight face, clean with tears.

Zayn stopped.

"Did little Marcy just tell us what to do?" Zayn said in a mocking voice.

"Stop calling me Marcy."

"Make me."

Without hesitation, I ran up to the car, and grabbed Zayn by the collar.

"Listen up. I am beyond tired of you and Niall and Liam picking on me. I let you three bother me every single day, and I am tired of it. I don't care about why you do this to me. But I can assure you that if you mess with me again, you will regret it.": I said in a deep tone, that scared myself.

Zayn looked at me with a serious face, like he didn't know what to do. Niall and Liam did the same.

"You're just a little wimp. Get your filthy hands off of me." Zayn said, trying to loosen my grip on him.

"I guess we can go right now then."

Still grabbing Zayn with one hand, I opened up the door to his seat and pulled him out.

Zayn laughed.

"Are you actually gonna try to fight me? Ha! What an idiot!"

That's it. This time he really set me off.

With all the power that was in me, I punched Zayn in the jaw.

Niall and Liam stayed seated in the car, watching in horror as I punched Zayn.

Blood began to form around Zayn's lips and the right side of his face began to turn red.

I wasn't going to stop there. I kept hitting him, again and again. My arms hurt like the opposite of heaven.

I looked at Zayn and gasped at what I had done to him.

Tears started to fall from my eyes.

I let go of him.

"I-I am so sorry." I whispered in between sobs.

Hhe didn't speak. He just looked at me.

I began to run again, still without a clue as to where I am going.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped to catch my breath. I must have been running for about 15 minutes, I was in the downtown area of Holmes Chapel.

What am I doing? What can I do here?

I stuck my hands in my pocket, looking for some money.

I found about 40 pounds in my pockets. How did I have all this pocket money? I put it back in my pocket, then found my ID card and a pen.

I really wasn't planning on going back home anytime soon, maybe late tonight. I checked my watch. It was 4:34 PM.

I walked around the area for a little bit, then stopped at the ASDA store. I should go get somethng to eat, I was starving.

Straight away I looked at the bakery for cupcakes. I don't know, I just wanted one.

I grabbed a vanilla cupcake in its plastic container, then began to look for a drink.

I was looking for vitamin water, when I passed by the alcohol section.

I could grab a pack of beer, it wouldn't kill me..

No. Stop it Marcel, what are you doing? You don't drink.

Maybe I don't drink, but I can start.

I walked over and grabbed a random pack of beer.

Now with the cupcake in one hand and the pack of beer in the other, I went to the cash register to pay.

"Can we see your ID?" the person at the register asked.

"Yeah, of course."

I pulled out my ID from my pocket.

The lady took the card then looked at it.

"Alright, here you go. That'll be eight pounds." She said, handing back my ID.

I pulled out about the same amount I needed, maybe a little more.

I gave her the bills.

"Okay, here's one pound change."

"Keep it." I said, taking the cupcake and the pack of beer.

"Oh, thank you so much Sir, have a great day!"

I smiled and nodded at her, then walked out.

Now what? I don't have a place to stay, and I'm definitely not going back to my house, I wasn't ready to talk to Mum yet.

I walked to a bench on the pavement and sat down.

I thought about places I could go to.

Hm...

I could go to.. Oh! I could go to the park! I know there's one maybe a few minutes from here.

I stood up and speed walked to the park. Hopefully it was empty.

Once I arrived, I looked around for any children. Nobody.

I walked over to the bench and put the cupcake and beer next to me.

In minutes, the cupcake was gone. I was starving.

Me being always sober, I've never had a drink. But I guess my first time will be today.

I pulled out one of the bottles and ripped off the cap.

I got a whiff of the drink, and it smelt terrible.

"Here we go." I quietly said.

I drank two gulps.

I felt relief after drinking some more.

Everything was blurred in my mind after all the beer was gone, I collapsed and everything went dark.