The Countdown: Part 1-2

Part 1:

10. I was born with the number '10' tattooed into my chest. How did it happen? Well honestly, fuck if I know. It's all total bullshit. But when I try to wash it off nothing ever happens but make my dark skin ache... Normally, when a tattoo changes, you'll be able to tell. But nobody knew what would happen that 10th birthday of mine. My hair in pigtails and my lips a soft pink as I blow out my candles. Later that day father planned a pool party, which means I get to swim! As I changed into my suit that day, I noticed that the tattoo on my chest no longer said 10, but 9 instead. I was a little afraid, but it was all okay. I kept it to myself for a number of years after that. The next time it changed was when I got a tumblr account at the age of 14. It was now a little 8 on my chest. This was a little more difficult to hide, but I managed it. And the next changes were all in the next 4 days... I was down to 4 soon. I was fearing that this was a countdown to the end of my life.

6 years later and I was at 2. '2 more something' I think to myself. I continue on about my daily business, occasionally looking into a mirror and frowning. By the time the day is over I look at my chest and it's a zero. I look up into the mirror and start crying, holding my eyes and tears pour and pour.

Part 2:

I looked up and through my tears I see myself in the mirror, no more tattoo, but also no more skin... Not in a creepy "my skin was torn off" way. In a delicate "it looks like I'm made of glass" way... But there was something a bit disturbing about this 'glass me'. I look closely, tears still dripping from my eyes and cheeks, and I see a small man. A man inside my woman's body, beating on the glass, wanting to be let out. He had tight black curls, like me. Light mocha colored skin, like me. And he was wearing the bracelet my mother gave me around his wrist. 'Who the hell is he' I keep thinking to myself. He looks just like me... It weirds me out a bit and I decide to shake my head and rub my eyes. I look in the mirror and it still isn't me... Yes, it's my body, but this isn't me... I walk out of the bathroom and into my room, thinking about it, and deciding to sleep on it.

The next morning, when I wake up, I look in the mirror and I see myself again, but it still feels wrong... The long hair, the feminine hips, the lumps on my chest. I close my eyes and undress for a shower, frowning down at myself. 'Seriously. What the hell is wrong with me?' I think again.

After my shower and after I've had breakfast, I finally realize, and it finally clicks. Transgender. That's what I am. I'm a man trapped inside of a woman's body. I look down at myself and frown yet again. I walk into the bathroom and look at the mirror, seeing the glass me again. But while the man beats this time, he breaks the glass and busts out of the glass. I rub my eyes and I'm happy with what I see. I see a man, with a sharp jawline and broad shoulders. Not some dainty fingers, but fingers of a hard working man. I close my eyes and open them, blinking a few times and realizing I'm in my bed, hair all mussed up. Garbage everywhere. And beer bottles littered around the room.

Oh right, I got drunk and had passed out in my bed. I yawn and get out of bed. That was such a strange dream...

A/N: Also inspired by JinxxTheKiller <3