1. The usual

I was making evening tea with lots of ginger and a drop of milk just as Viaan liked it. I checked the chicken I had kept in the oven for dinner and decided that I could tell him about my impromptu vacation plans today, if I planned for us to go on our anniversary.

As I set the tray with his favourite soya chips, some digestive biscuits and our tea. I looked at the mirror right outside the kitchen, our 2 bhk in posh south Delhi would be seen as sprawling by many but coming from a small town where I lived in a 15 bedroom kothi with our extended family, this seemed small. But like many things I had adjusted, the south Delhi title meant a lot to Viaan.

The mirror showed my perfectly chiseled fair face, with beautiful chestnut and blonde hair but my eyes looked far from perfect. They showcased the misery and dullness our lives had become. I walked out to the balcony, where Viaan preferred his morning, evening tea and his glass of Scotch.

He smiled, looking up from his mobile engrossed in his work. "Didn't you make any snacks? I have come home early after so many days jaan! " He frowned and I felt bad. I could have rustled up some semolina pancakes after all Viaan hardly came before 8 PM. And on days he did I pampered him. But the novelty of cooking treats for him and worn off. Much like the novelty of marrying a well settled boy who wanted the good girl. The virgin, the one willing to sacrifice her career to support his.

"Viaan! I'm making you chocolate protein cupcakes for dessert. Hence the lack of snacks!" I fibbed. His food eating was strict with the diet regime he followed to look perfect. My degree in home science be damned! I cooked weird concoctions in the past five years of our married life, matcha tea cakes, iced green tea, protein ice cream!

"Yummy! Can I get some now, jaan," he looked up again. Sipping his tea. My lie would be caught! "Vee the prep is on, I'm still to complete them."

He did not reply back, but I wanted to talk. We hardly did. We both had our friends, our Facebook, our whatsapp conversations. Talking to each other was only when we wanted something from each other and that was never sex. I tried remembering the last time, Viaan was drunk and all he wanted was to climax in me, my orgasm be damned. I was not even ready when he pushed himself in me. It was painful, like many aspects of us.

Where had my caring Viaan the one would talk all day, tease me, give me multiple orgasms gone? I sighed, maybe the vacation will give us more than a chance to get back to us. I cleared my throat and said it out loud, "Vee I have booked us a vacation for our anniversary." In slow motion he looked up, kept his phone on the small table and asked me, "when is our anniversary?" I did not know what to do? Laugh or cry. I got up and went inside, one more evening of quarrelling awaited us.

How do you guys like this one? Please comment and tell me. Kareena is now our Sheena.