4. The mess within

I don't know what came over me but when Yug, my childhood friend messaged me on Facebook. One hello made me insanely happy. I remembered myself. The happier me, who had friends, I was more confident of myself then. I quickly got up, and decided to hit the Supermarket nearby, as I drove my car and smoked I decided to make something extravagant for tonight. Since Viaan was coming home late, I was going to have dinner alone.

I picked some flour, the refined white pretty kinds, he hated. Cranberries, white chocolate, some chicken, white rice, refined sugar and a huge bag of crisps I tore I to before reaching the check out counter. I also picked Kit Kat's, a box full of them, to store in my emergency stash from the check out counter itself. Isn't this why they placed them right here? Grab and go. As I picked my shopping bags with my greasy hands, my phone beeped with a new message.

Yug Singha wrote: are you in Delhi too? A couple of us are planning to meet tonight. Would you like to come over. I'm sorry its last minute but Utkarsh, his wife, Abhilash, Nayantara are all coming over.

I thought once and then thinking of misery filled evening, I wrote back.

Sheena Sharma: yes, sure. When and where?

Yug Sinha: perfect 8 PM, the all new place at Khan Market, Perch. Sounds good?

Sheena Sharma: Sure.

Yug Sinha: get hubby too, if you want.

I smiled weakly. I called Viaan, who picked up immediately. "Jaan, all okay?" I mused this was how infrequently I called him at work now.

"Yes, listen you will be late?" I just wanted to make sure he did not come back home and I was not there. "I will be back around midnight hopefully. Anything you want?"

"I'm planning to meet some friends from school in Khan Market, is that okay?" I was excited and scared at the same time. My friendships were usually restricted to our apartment complex. "Yes, do you want me to the send the driver?"

"No, I will take the car myself." I replied. "Then please don't drink and drive." "Sure bye Vee."

I smiled. And decided to head to the salon next door a blow out to look good sounded fun.

I came home and decided to bake a cranberry apple pie and some apple protein cupcakes for him. Guilt at not inviting him maybe.

But two hours later the pie was in the oven, the cupcakes freshly baked, I clicked a few photos of them and decided to look for clothes. Clothes which justified my inner Sheena not Mrs Sharma. I picked some Zara denims, a deep blue top with lace work on the sleeves and put some basic makeup, and my light champagne shimmery lipstick which Viaan loved. Then out of sheer irritation I decided to put on some bold red lipstick. I knew I looked a bit over dressed but this was Delhi.

Over dressed was always underdressed here. The oven pinged and I rushed to take out my freshly baked, cranberry oozing pie to let it rest on the table. I clicked a few photos. I loved the symmetry food photos had. They never reflected the commotion within the cook's mind. I kept them in my iPhone to stare when I felt lonely.

I switched off the lights, picked my bag, car keys, house keys and phone too excited about meeting a part of my past.

My sexy hottie Ranveer Singh plays Yug.