Chapter 5

Previously on The Hamilton Sister...

My smile faded with his, "Tell him that I just need a little more time to just cool down, about a day at least." I explained, he nodded and closed my door while I backed up to my bed, and I laid down on it, and soon I found myself slowly drifting off to sleep....

--------

I woke up to someone knocking on my bedroom door so I got up and opened it to see America's favorite fighting Frenchman, Marquis de Lafayette.
"Bonjour belle fille, may I come in?" He asked in his French accent as I nodded and stepped aside for him to come in.
He walked in and sat on my bed, "What is happening between you and Alexander, mon cher?" He asked as I closed the door.
"What do you mean? How'd you find out?" I asked confused.
I know Alexander perfectly, and I know that if something was going on between us then he would keep it to himself, no matter how many times someone asked him.
"Hier soir. He drank and drank non-stop, he wouldn't tell us what was faux, and when we took him home hier soir for you to help him, he told us you were with John." Lafayette explained.
"He's overreacting about things, I don't want to get into it but Alexander and I are just not agreeing about things with each other, I'll leave it at that." I explained sitting beside him.
"You need to parle lui."
"I am today."
"Maintenant mon cher, you must talk to him maintenant." Lafayette said, I looked down.
I knew that I had to face Alexander sometime but why did it have to be now, "Alright." I said, getting up, "Might as well get it over with.."
He nodded and led me downstairs where John was rubbing his face, I walked over to him, "Are you alright?" I asked worriedly, he nodded but didn't look at me, "John, tell me." I said as he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.
"I'll be in le chariot." Lafayette whispered to me as he walked out, to the carriage I presume as John just looked down, "Angelina.... your brother...he..." John started saying which gave me all I needed to hear.
"I'll be back." I said quickly as I kissed his head and rushed out.
I wished I knew what John was trying to tell me before, but at the time, I didn't care.
My brother did something to a man that I cared for and I wasn't going to let it slide.
"Alexander?" I asked as I walked into the house, "It's Angelina, we need to talk...." I said walking further into the house, I walked up to Alexander's room and I found him asleep onto his desk.
"Alexander, wake up." I said shaking him making him slowly start waking up. "Angelina, is that you?" He asked sleepily, "No it's God, what do you think?" I asked him with a smile.
He chuckled a little while sitting up, "What's happening? Why are you here?" Alexander asked now fully awake.
"I'm sorry." I said quickly,
"Wait...what?" He asked confused,
"I'm sorry, I should have told you that John asked me out, you deserved to know.. " I said slower as he nodded.
"It's alright." He said as he got up and hugged me as I smiled, but then I realized something.

He never apologized back...

My smile faded as I stopped the hug, "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly, "Well....aren't you going to apologize to me?" I asked looking at him confused.
He frowns, "What would I have to apologize for? I was trying to protect you and you want me to apologize for it?" He asked getting mad.
"Protect me? Ha! That wasn't protecting me, that was being a psychopathic brother who never stops trying to make things the way you want it!" I stated angrily.
"Oh well I'm sorry if trying to keep my twin sister from getting hurt like she was hurt when our mother died.."
He started saying making me freeze, he knows that I never liked talking about our mother, "..to keep you from having a relationship like our parents-" he said before I interrupted him.
"How dare you?! How dare you think that you have some right over me! Alexander, I hope that you Burn!" I yelled at him before running quickly up to my old room and locked the door.
I grabbed a suitcase and through everything that I would need in it while Alexander was banging on my door.
"Angelina! Open this door!" He yelled through it but before he could pound again I ran through the door and rushed outside go the carriage, with an Alexander not far behind and a confused Lafayette looking out at us.
"Lafayette, please take me back to John's house..." I whispered to him and I walked by.
"Angelina, where do you think your gonna go?! You have no one except me!" Alexander yelled following me.
Well he tried following me but Lafayette was holding him back.
"Your wrong, I have someone far better than you ever will be!" I shouted back at him as I got into the carriage, with the help of Lafayette, who was now rushing to get out of here.
"You think John actually would give a damn about you?! Well your sorely mistaken! I don't see why he'd want someone as useless, stubborn and pathetic as you!" He stated.